Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Satyricon

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Solefald

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other ...

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
AFAIK, it was recorded for Anthems, but got switched out for another song last-minute, and placed on the "Reverence" single.

But doesn't matter to me; the version of Anthems I got, came with the Reverence single as bonus tracks; so I consider it part of the album. And I agree, great song; my favorite off of the album. :kickass:
I have the same version of Anthems you have, I'm not sure what my favorite song is off there, either The Loss and Curse of Reverence or In Longing Spirit, I'll probably listen to Anthems in a couple months or so, it's really good, but to me Emperor went downhill from INTE, even though they managed to make great songs. I would've liked to see an album very similar to INTE right after it instead of Anthems, that and the synths and keys in INTE are better than in Anthems, though I like Ihsahn's vocals better on Anthems than onINTE.

In Longing Spirit is probably my least favorite song from ther Anthems recording period. I just never understood it the way I do with the other songs on Anthems proper. It just seems disjointed and more a filler than a focused song.

I chose Immortal. I love the grimness, I cant help it. I think when this thread was made I was in like 6th grade listening to Rob Zombie lol.

^The Loss and Curse of Reverence isnt really an Anthems song either, but I prefer their best songs off Reverence EP than the regular Anthems CD, maybe cause theyre kinda en extension of INTE?

^The Loss and Curse of Reverence isnt really an Anthems song either, but I prefer their best songs off Reverence EP than the regular Anthems CD, maybe cause theyre kinda en extension of INTE?

The Loss and Curse of Reverence is a lot more similar to Anthems' songs than ITNE's, especially in terms of production.

In Longing Spirit is probably my least favorite song from ther Anthems recording period. I just never understood it the way I do with the other songs on Anthems proper. It just seems disjointed and more a filler than a focused song.

I agree somewhat. It is much less complex than you would expect from an Emperor song of the time, though it is still a great tune, it doesn't seem to fit quite perfectly on such an album.

Satyricon.
:kickass: What's your favorite album by them in their black metal era, well more traditional sounding BM, first 3 albums basically? I like Dark Medieval Times overall better than Nemesis Divina though Nemesis has the better tremolo riffs and the best song of the 2 in Mother North, that's really one of the few dislikes I have about Dark Medieval Times, not enough Tremelo riffing, and Skygeddans doesnt live up to the rest of the album, other than that it's damn close to being a 10/10 for me. What I heard off The Shadowthrone was great though, Vikingland and King of The Shadowthrone.

-The fact that Darkthrone is missing has already duely been noticed by tons of people.
-Darkthrone would be my second favourite after Burzum.
-The Odium that i know are not from Norway but from Great Britain, yet they are in this list...

-The Odium that i know are not from Norway but from Great Britain, yet they are in this list...

There's an Odium from Norway who play symphonic black metal. It's got Sechtdamon of Zyklon on vocals. They only put out one album, which is hard to find. I'm still in pursuit of it.

They re-united last year to play some shows, such as Wacken and a few shows last year and this year in the US. I'm not sure what they plan to do at this point besides do the DVD.