Your favorite one man band/bands

You've got it backwards. Black metal musicians are supposed to transcend all societal norms. Public displays of affection fly directly in the face of all that black metal holds dear.

To briefly whore myself, you could listen to mine in my sig :)

But I quite enjoy Burzum, Leviathan, and what I've heard of Ruins of Beverast. I'm sure there are probably others that I am simply not aware of their one-man-ness.

Bathory, without any doubts. To be the pioneer in black metal and viking metal sounds deserves to be the best!

:rolleyes: Photos of Hoest being gay aren't going to change my opinion of his music. You have to be pretty close minded to let something like affect the listening experience.

:rolleyes: Photos of Hoest being gay aren't going to change my opinion of his music. You have to be pretty close minded to let something like affect the listening experience.

I totally agree with this. Sexual tendences and ideas about life are a thing, and music and sounds are a total different thing, so we need to separate both matters and to judge music by its sounds.

Xasthur
Leviathan
Sophicide (I think he has another guy now, though)
Infestus

Not sure I'm aware of which bands I like are one guy...

EDIT: I will say all of y'all throwing a hissy fit about Taake make me sad to live on the same planet as you.

Of the Wand and the Moon
Nortt (
Satanic Warmaster
Pensees Nocturnes (awesome band from Quebec)
Bathory (of course)
Falkenbach
Edit: Diabolical Masquerade! I love this band! Side project of the guitarist of Katatonia and Bloodbath.

can't think of anything else at the moment... but i know there are tons of others.

Pensees Nocturnes is one man? Didnt know that. Love their first two albums (especially vaccuum) and I see he's released a new one. Must go find it.

I'm pretty sure the guy is a douche bag though... as his first two albums exist in quantities of 1000 for vacuum and 2000 for grotesque and he doesnt like people downloading his music. Seems a little bitchy for such limited releases.

Most of the old BM bands posted here like Burzum, Bathory, Graveland, Ildjarn, but also stuff like Mithras, Misantropical Painforest, and who knows that else I'm missing.

Pensees Nocturnes is one man? Didnt know that. Love their first two albums (especially vaccuum) and I see he's released a new one. Must go find it.

I'm pretty sure the guy is a douche bag though... as his first two albums exist in quantities of 1000 for vacuum and 2000 for grotesque and he doesnt like people downloading his music. Seems a little bitchy for such limited releases.

Yeah, I loved vaccum too had to make Coups de Bleus my ringtone.

Wow what a douche. I d/led the fuck out of his albums. I have no problem buying music but jeez he's got to do better than that.