Post one song from your favorite band

dcowboys311

Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Mine is AFI. They're the reason I got into punk, into hardcore, into underground music in general. Truly phenomenal band. Exceptional lyrics.

Some might toss them off to the 'garbage' pile based on their recent output, but the truth is that they've been around since '91. Their first 6 albums are flawless IMO. Even the most recent is pretty damn good. Decemberunderground is the only meh one, and it has a few great songs despite the overall mess.

They're one of the only bands who I can honestly say has has a different sound with each record (with the exception of the first two...they sound pretty similar, but even there you can notice some progression). This song is taken from the 'Black Sails in the Sunset' album. It isn't representative of them as a band since I don't really think there is one particular song that is, but it is pretty representative of my favorite time period of the band. But then again, my favorite AFI period changes more often than I change socks, so tomorrow it would probably be a different track.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Meeting Place and Time by Woods of Ypres from their first album, the "Against the Seasons" EP

They started off pretty strictly as a more melodic black metal band with this debut, then have branched out to doom and some death and acoustic as well. Easily my favorite band of the 2000's with 4 releases.

1) Against the Seasons
2) Pursuit of the Sun, Allure of the Earth
3) Deepest Roots and Darkest Blues
4) The Green Album

They recently signed to Earache records after going it alone for 8 years, and their 5th album is already recorded and the band is awaiting band leader David Gold's return from a teaching stint in Kuwait.
The current lineup also boasts members of WOE and The Green Evening Requiem.

Toto. Absolutely love Toto.

Megadeth is my fave band so I have a hard choice hehe. Here's an underrated track from an underrated album. The Disintegrators shreds and mixes old thrashy 'deth with the melodic new 'deth.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chcV6Wm5grg&feature=related[/ame]

The Gathering - A Noise Severe (Live in Chile 2007)... The second half of this song, especially live, gives me chills every time.

If AFI is your fav punk band, then I certainly hope you have checked out 7 SECONDS. They created melodic hardcore.

I was always so-so with AFI.
I saw them open for Sick of it All and SNAPCASE many years ago.

I heard one 7 Seconds album a while ago. Didn't think too much about it. I'll go ahead and give them another shot.

I started listening to AFI when I was 12. Saw them for the first time when I was 21. Kind of missed the boat on their good live shows, unfortunately. They played a grand total of two songs from the first 5 albums.