Your favorite band no one else has heard of

markishome359

New Metal Member
Aug 8, 2004
I thought it would be fun to have everyone post a link to their favorite band that almost no one knows about; could be your band, or some local band you stumbled across, or a semi-professional band that just hasn't broken through yet.

My personal favorite would have to be Delian League; they have great musical talent and their sound is excellent and very tight. Go check out the media section and grab their mp3s and see what you think. Their debut CD will finally be out in October, about 2 years after I discovered their music. It should be worth the wait.

Well since you said we could say our own band....I will take advantage of the chance to do a little shameless self promotion. AURORA DAWN. No killer soundbytes for you...still struggling with this whole home studio thing...My drummer and I (only 2 of us now) are reading phone book sized manuals to learn all the new gear we've been co-operatively buying.
But to give you a small taste of our musical creativity...here's 2 MIDI samples spliced together...really reduced quality and converted from MIDI to audio (i don't have to tell you why) If all else fails I have Jeff Waters (annihilator fame ) lined up to do the mastering for us at Watersound studios, and if all goes well perhaps a nudge in Roadrunner records door. My ace in the hole I guess you could say. Well I hope you enjoy the samples and can be patient for a complete product..I do owe most of my inspiration to Matt and Theocracy. The debut album really gave me the confidence to build a studio and try recording at home...NOT EASY...but I'm learning.
http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=34MMWCMTDNXIY2WH2YKN3PFENI

sorry for always using yousendit. I don't have any other way to host...so it expires in a few days...so listen while you can.

oh, but after that it would be Widows Walk. A prog band from here in Ottawa. Total Dream Theatre nuts, and play similar in most respects.
http://www.widowswalk.ca/new-index-album.php
the website seems to be under construction, and if I had a place to host I have some video clips of them playing. But if they can figure out the singer dilemma they're going to excel.

I don't have the links handy but here are some great underrated bands:

Threshold
Magnitude Nine
Vanden Plas
Shadow Gallery
Vanishing Point
Redemption (featuring Ray Alder)
Symphorce
Dream Evil

Sorry if these bands have already been discussed here.

Eternal Sanctum, I've heard of almost ALL of those guys. I must say I like your choice of Shadow Gallery, very good band there. How about a good pick like Timescape?