What is your SECOND favorite band?

1. Iron Maiden
2. Opeth

Not that I can take anything away from opeth because they're the shit, but I just like maiden a little more

Edit: I'm actually surprised at the number of other people who put maiden above opeth, I didn't think alot of dudes around here liked maiden more than opeth

Can't say I have a 2nd favorite. I don't even know if Opeth is my favorite, but is among my favoriteS! I'm a huge fan of Rush, Yes, Led Zep, as well as bands like Maiden, and a lot of the newer prog-metal/non-metal bands. I love lots of different styles as well. I FUCKING LIKE BLUEGRASS, FOLKS!!

Anyway, I've been digging Agalloch lately. Always looking for new stuff. I have Negura Bunget's "Om" on the way in the mail, so we'll see what experiences that will bring...

I'm surprised I'm the first to say The Smashing Pumpkins are probably my other top band (although, officially Metallica has always been my favorite). I say this not because I think everyone should like SP, but because what I love about Opeth is similar to what I love about SP:

1. They consistently experiment and reinvent themselves on each record, with instruments, lyrical themes, singing styles, song structure, etc.
2. They absolutely ROCK when they need to (great solos and drumming:headbang:)- obviously SP is not death metal but definitely heavy metal influenced. I can't get into progressive bands that can't kick ass.
3. They aren't afraid to be vulnerable, delicate, and beautiful when thats called for as well :cry:(To Bid You Farewell, Burden, etc; 1979, Disarm, etc).

Rounding out the rest of the top 10:
4. Guns N' Roses
5. Pearl Jam
6. Lynyrd Skynyrd
7. Pantera
8. Weezer
9. Megadeth
10. Iron Maiden/In Flames

Yeah, I like guitar music.

Tool, They're sometimes tied for first depending on what mood I'm in. And according to my Last.FM the list follows:
3. Alice in Chains
4. Meshuggah
5. Black Sabbath
6. Metallica
7. Arcturus
8. Between the Buried and Me

... I wouldn't really agree with that list entirely. I certainly don't like AIC more than Meshuggah or Black Sabbath.

:D :D
1.opeth,metallica
2.iron maiden,judas priest
3.dark tranquillity
4.arch enemy,slayer
5.slipknot
6.cradle of filth,children of bodom
7.pink floyd
8.in flames
9.deep purple
10.behemoth

Mine would be probably King Crimson. I still can't believe I'm finally gonna get to see them live next friday in Chicago

MARILLION is my favourite band, then Opeth comes close behind in 2nd place.

According to my Last.fm, at the moment the 2nd favourite is Paul Gilbert. And yeah, Opeth is, slightly surprisingly, in the lead.