Gojira 159 plays
Arch Enemy 138 plays
All That Remains 137 plays
Kreator 136 plays
Carcass 129 plays
Machine Head 129 plays
The Prodigy 119 plays
Septic Flesh 118 plays

It's funny that so many people here cite PT as their second favorite band - a group they discovered THROUGH Opeth. Anyways same here.

A wee bir surprised that so many have the same references outside Opeth, I would have thought that they draw a much more deverce audience...
Personally I would never be able to choose just one band like that, but Helmet, Primus and Nasum is three bands that I really, really love beside Opeth.

Opeth are my favourite band by a country mile,there's usually a huge scramble behind.But 2nd and 3rd place is between Scar Symmetry and Draconian at the moment.I love Sweden!

1. porcupine tree
(by an inch)
2. oceansize
(by an inch)
3. kent
3. blackfield... can't choose
5. devin townsend projects
5. opeth
5. pain of salvation..... cant choose
8. mokoma
8. sara
10. beardfish

not completely sure, but this is probably my top 10

edit: nope, i forgot anna ternheim

edit: nope.....i forgot katatonia

1. porcupine tree
(by an inch)
2. oceansize
(by an inch)
3. kent
3. blackfield... can't choose
5. devin townsend projects
5. opeth
5. pain of salvation..... cant choose
8. katatonia
9. anna ternheim
10. mokoma

damnit, type o negative and muse also belong in there....

The person who introduced me into Opeth also introduced me to Katatonia and Porcupine Tree at the same time. I picked up Katatonia first and still like them a lot but they were never my favourite or 2nd favourite band. And I always tried to get into Porcupine Tree but I never really managed. They sound cool, and I like the heavier moments but after a while it starts to get boring.

Strange, but Tool hasn't been mentioned much, yet (if at all). (Another band I can't quite get into although I generally like their sound)

i actually did not find porcupine tree through opeth, i found in absentia in a library...yes, in a library... then i got hit by trains and i died.

Ouch! That must have been painfully awesome. It's rare to find such good albums in libraries...

I have no second favourites and I have no favourites either. I like many bands just about equally.

But, if you look at music I listen the most at the moment, it'd be something like:

-Wintersun
-Porcupine Tree
-Opeth
-Pink Floyd
-Symphony X
-Paul Gilbert

There are many more, but my top favs would propably consist of those.

The person who introduced me into Opeth also introduced me to Katatonia and Porcupine Tree at the same time. I picked up Katatonia first and still like them a lot but they were never my favourite or 2nd favourite band. And I always tried to get into Porcupine Tree but I never really managed. They sound cool, and I like the heavier moments but after a while it starts to get boring.

Strange, but Tool hasn't been mentioned much, yet (if at all). (Another band I can't quite get into although I generally like their sound)

wow, i feel the exact same way about all those bands. it's like you completly read my mind and took my opinion :lol: