What is your SECOND favorite band?

5. Bal-sagoth

Hey, cool someone else who knows (and loves) that band!
I must admit, it's been some time since I last listened to one of their records, but sometimes when I'm in the mood for bombastic stuff, I put them on. Same as you, I tend to prefer the older stuff. My favourites by them are Starfire, Battle Magic and Power Cosmic.

But back on topic:

I couldn't really tell which band is my second favourite, same as I wouldn't say Opeth is my favourite alltogether. It just depends on my moods.

But some of my favourites, next to Opeth, are:

Dream Theater
Porcupine Tree
Led Zep
Iron Maiden
In Flames (older stuff there)
Guns n' Roses (and proud of it! Slash just rips on the guitar!)
Jimi Hendrix

It's really hard to pick a 2nd favourite band. I mean, Opeth are my favourite atm, although I'm no longer addicted to them like I was for one or two years after GR came out. (Watershed didn't bring that addiction back for me. Maybe a future album will.) But there's no other group yet to claim the title. There's also no other group that I listen to sufficiently often to make it 2nd favourite.

Guitarists signed to CandyRat records are probably the 2nd biggest influence for me nowadays. I have bought a total of 5 albums by AndyMcKee, Don Ross and Antoine DuFour by now and there's a certain chance I'll buy some more stuff like that, like Peter Ciluzzi, Craig D'Andrea and more of Antoine Dufour's work.

Favorite: Oooopeth!!
Second Favorite: Meshuggah/ Dream Theater

(OT: Third Favorite: Spiral Architect/ Return to Forever/ Canvas Solaris
Fourth Favorite: Porcupine Tree/ Cynic/ Dimmu Borgir/ Theory In Practice)

It´s built up like a pyramid...

very hard to say it changes all the time and I love opeth so much, they are pretty much all I need!

My second favorite band well, it would either be Queen, old In Flames, Dissection or satyricon.

It's really hard to pick a 2nd favourite band. I mean, Opeth are my favourite atm, although I'm no longer addicted to them like I was for one or two years after GR came out. (Watershed didn't bring that addiction back for me. Maybe a future album will.) But there's no other group yet to claim the title. There's also no other group that I listen to sufficiently often to make it 2nd favourite.

Guitarists signed to CandyRat records are probably the 2nd biggest influence for me nowadays. I have bought a total of 5 albums by AndyMcKee, Don Ross and Antoine DuFour by now and there's a certain chance I'll buy some more stuff like that, like Peter Ciluzzi, Craig D'Andrea and more of Antoine Dufour's work.

andy mckee is fantastic. i dont have his album stuff, just seen him on youtube, he's amazing!

fave second band? not sure. i'll go with the other 95% of the forum so far and say PT at the moment.

Anyone else agree that deadwing is their best?

haha nice!!!!, i'm glad i'm not the only other person who feels this way, agalloch are such an amazing group, i love them and everything about them, but they just aren't as good as opeth imo, opeth will always be my number 1, but agalloch are a fantastic second for me