What is your SECOND favorite band?

Hello,

and first of all I wish to extend my greetings to everyone here, since I am a newly registered member with this being my first post here.

My SECOND favourite band, that is a hard question, for as I see it, the throne is held by five bands equally:

Opeth (why, naturally!)
Black Sabbath
Fields of the Nephilim
Arcturus
King Crimson

As for the heirs, I would suppose there are rather many. Genesis (1970's), Mayhem, Cradle of Filth..

Another thing: Does anyone of you possibly know of a place in the 'net where I could find samples of a band called PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI? I read a review - which was written by Mikael Åkerfeldt himself - of their album "Photos of ghosts" which immediately spurred my interest. All help related to the matter is happily received!

I've always had great problem in puting my fave bands into order....so i will name my 6 superfave bands,all are somehow equal to me

Opeth
Arcturus
Ulver
Ved Buens Ende
In the woods
At the gates

It's really hard to rank them as I go through stages in which I like this or band more than any other.
As I speak, these are my favourites :
1. Arcturus
2. Opeth
3. Motorpsycho
4. Ulver

Opeth is definitly my number one, but Tool comes right after. I'm also a big fan of psychedelic music like Pink Floyd, Yes and (less psychedelic, but also very nice) Camel..

I've downloaded some of X Japan (the songs 'tears' and 'standing sex'), but I have to say that I just can't get used to that voice...and in what language does he sing???

I can never pick an absolute favorite, here're some of the ones tied for first place.

Opeth (naturally)
Sabbat (Japan)
Kreator
Dismember
Atheist
Carcass

Originally posted by Duvall
Hmm..

1. Opeth/Tool

2. Pink Floyd. right now. Raziel, can you suggest an album to get? I've got Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of the Moon.. what's next for me? ;)

The Wall, for sure. It's the quintessential rock opera/concept album (give or take a Who record here or there). Dream Theater drew quite a bit of inspiration from it in making "Scenes From A Memory". (I'm not sure if this is an endorsement for you personally, but I think they're both great records)