Favorite Albums That No One Else Likes

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
i only enjoy marooned and the last track...the rest is just meh. momentary lapse of reason is worse tho...it's damn eighties pop... :/

yea its a shit album (although the version of sorrow on pulse is cool), the devision bell is awesome though

Coldplay kicks ass, thier first album has a great atmosphere to it, but a cold rush...is nowhere near as good imo.

Also this is one maiden fan who doesnt really like 7th son (accept for the vid for can i play with madness)

Propain - Contents Under Pressure
Public Enemy - It takes a Nation of Millions to hold us back
Ween - Chocolate & Cheese
Sophie Ellis Bextor - Read my Lips
Ice Cube - Death Certificate / The Predator
AFI - Sing the Sorrow
Mindless Self Indulgence - Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy
Ozzy Ozbourne - Ozzmosis
Sausage - Riddles are Abound Tonight
Skid Row - Skid Row
Creed - My Own Prison

Shadows Fall - The Art of Balance
edit: I also like AFI - Sing the Sorrow. They ditch alot of their shitty punk to make more melodic songs.

bangadrian said:
coldplay is horrible. they are everything that is wrong with rock music today

hmm. i understand not liking them....but im pretty fuckin sure that linkin park and blink 182 are everything that is wrong with rock music today.

coldplay is far better.

deliverance said:
please tell me you are kidding. i'm guessing that you are.

ahha yeah, that was meant to be a joke, due to that album getting such overwhelming praise, i guess my dry humour is lost on the internet, back to the corner for me...ooo look, a peanut!

People keep talking about all these mainstream bands being "bad" and arguing over which of them are worst. I want to know what, exactly, is wrong with liking 'mainstream' music, as long as it's the music that you like and you're not just trying to project a certain image. What's wrong with listening to bands like Coldplay or Blink-182 or Linkin Park, as long as you understand that they're not "heavy" or "extreme" by any means, and you don't try to go around telling people that they are? I understand that there are a lot of people out there that really do think Blink-182 are punk and Linkin Park are metal, which as we all know is far from the case. And I can see how the stupidity of such individuals distorts the impression uninformed people have of given genres. I hate it as much as anyone when people think they're so edgy and cool for listening to bands that are really pretty mainstream. But I don't think it's fair to bash those bands, and anyone who listens to them, universally. Yes, I listen to their music. And I also listen to black and death metal. And I understand the difference. You won't find me walking around going "Oh, I listen to LP, aren't I so tr00 kvlt."

I guess what I'm saying is, why does a band being mainstream have to be a bad thing 100% of the time? If you hate their music then that's a different story, but why bash them just because a lot of people know about them? Flame me if you want, but I have nothing against mainstream music in moderation. I love dark, heavy music, but I can't listen to it 24/7. For one thing, I can't exactly put on a Bloodbath album when I'm in the car with my (conservative, military) parents, and also there are times when extreme music just doesn't fit the mood I'm in.

I guess that ends my little rant. Sorry for wasting people's time...

well as long as everyone is being open.. i kind of like that gwen stefani bananas song. B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

ahahahahhah and i love 80's pop music while I'm at it

btw.. your point i agree with trey methinks

Looking for a Job said:
they're mainstream for a reason: they're dumbed down enough for the masses to consume

This from the guy who posted the following in the thread "Does anyone actually read an album's lyrics?"
Looking for a Job said:
i'm heterosexual, so no
Since the music itself shows technical proficiency rather than actual intellect, one would assume that it is the lyrics that make a song either "dumb" or not "dumb." Unless of course there's such a thing as smart chords and stupid chords, and it's possible to differentiate between the two. I'm no musician, but I highly doubt this is the case.

So...Since you are (supposedly) heterosexual ;) and therefore don't read the lyrics, my question for you is, why would you care if they are "dumbed down" or not?