Favorite Albums That No One Else Likes

opeth_evan said:
Fates Warning - A Pleasant Shade of Gray - I don't know how many people actually liked it.. but I don't think very many.. perhaps just under-rated
Hell yes!

APSOG is an absolute masterpiece and underrated like nothing else i know. AS well as the band is.

edit:

Metallica - ReLoad
Dream Theater - Falling into Infinity
Nirvana - Nevermind

NineFeetUnderground said:
Unicorn - Ever Since
i like that too :p

also:
Unicorn - emotional wasteland
Nightingale - all albums.
Fates Warning - FWX (seems most people didn't like this)
Thirdeyeblind - all albums. wildly popular, but not around here. still i think they're great.
Pink Floyd - Division Bell (i love this album)
Metallica - everything up through ReLoad.
Journey :tickled:

Top Ten Favorite Albums No One Else Likes

1. Barry Manilow-Ultimate Manilow
2. Barry Manilow-Berry Manilow’s Greatest Hits Volume 1
3. Barry Manilow-Berry Manilow’s Greatest Hits Volume 2
4. Barry Manilow-Berry Manilow’s Greatest Hits Volume 3
5. Barry Manilow-The Essential Berry Manilow
6. Care Bear’s-Greatest Hits
7. Care Bear’s-Meet the Care Bears
8. Barney-Barney’s Greatest Hits
9. Wiggles-Yummy Yummy
10. Cryptopsy-None So Vile

Dreadful said:
Children of bodom - hatecrew deathroll (alot of metallers of my kind loathe it)
Katatonia - dance of december souls...uh, people may say they like it but I seriously see no one talk about this record ever, not even on that forum. It's all about "brave murder day." This cd was highly original for the time.
Lamb of god - as the palaces burn (no metaller of my kind can admit this album's greatness!) "rip off of sweden"...oh ok and but you like Divine souls?
Kreator - Violent Revolution and Enemy of God...people hate these because they aren't pure old school thrash...but even though they aren't completely..the songs are composed well and the melody is awesome as hell.
Soilwork - Natural Born Chaos - I don't know man...the first 3 albums are classics, but this CD has some amazing songs. More simple direction? Yes, but I LOVE the keyboards and the choruses. If, anything I see more people praise the older albums or the two newest...this one is just left in the middle with nothing.
Dark Tranquillity - Projector...this imo was a very bold, powerful record. I love it when bands go a different direction and do it well.
Megadeth - Youthanasia...I think some people just overlook this album. Clearly, this melodic beast destroys Countdown to Exstinktion all over the place.
Dimmu Borgir - Stormblast...the rest of the black metal I like is pretty old school, raw, true or grim whatever you want to call it. Stuff like abigor, arckanum, burzum, taake etc....but this album I think has some fantastic moments. Superior melodies. Track 3 actually has one of the best openers I've ever heard in my life.
Marduk - Dark Endless/Those of the Unlight/Fuck me Jesus demo....Pre 1995 Marduk rules...new Marduk is boring, sucky, and uninspired and Legion is overrated. Who wins? I do.
Morbid Angel - Gateways to Annihilation...um, don't see people talk about this one too much. I think this is the best Steve Tucker album. Yeah, it was the first Morbid Angel I bought, back when it was just released but still the songs, production, drumming, arrangements are just godly to me.
Judas Priest - Ram it Down...same, I think this is a very classic Priest album. I just want to bang my head into infinity when I listen to this...except when the song "Love you to death" comes on.
Shadows Fall - The War Within...HAHA, yeah..a guilty pleasure, it's got some metalcore moments, but I think the songs, solos, melodies, alot of the riffs are well written. I'm a fan of all their previous records. beautiful

agreed on As the Palaces Burn, Natural Born Chaos, Gateways to Annihilation, Ram it Down...but the War Within? :erk: haha
also, agreed with NFU on MA - Domination, that cd fucking owns. possibly my fav or 2nd fav MA release.
also

Metallica - Load / Reload

Slayer - Divine Intervention

Between the Buried and Me - both of their releases. People bitch about the band, saying this and that about the genre, but i think they rule. they are definetly better than any other band doing it. they stand out from other bands too, methinks.

Unicorn - Ever Since

:D Demos are 900x better, but I still love this and the other album! I need to buy em, then m Unicorn collection will be complete (as complete as it'll ever be)!

Cliteater - Eat Clit Or Die
Rompeprop - Menstrual Stomp Hulk

for some reason not allot of ppl like goregrind >_>

Soilwork - Figure Number Five
In Flames - Reroute to Remain

These two are similar to me. I like these a ton more than the albums that followed and preceded them. All the songs on FNF have the same structure, but the choruses are great. RTR is underrated. Most people hate it, but I guess it was sort of the beginning of the end for IF.

Silent Song said:
i like that too :p

also:
Unicorn - emotional wasteland
Nightingale - all albums.
Fates Warning - FWX (seems most people didn't like this)
Thirdeyeblind - all albums. wildly popular, but not around here. still i think they're great.
Pink Floyd - Division Bell (i love this album)
Metallica - everything up through ReLoad.
Journey :tickled:

Hey I like all of Nightingale albums too!

Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss

Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, is IMO the only decent burzum album and is generally considered by people to be Burzum's best - including by Varg, so I'd hardly say its unpopular. Otherwise you could probably list every album released by a black metal band.

My list;
- Alchemist - Lunasphere
- The Chasm - The Spell of Retribution
- Slayer - Show No Mercy (in that its nowhere near as popular as it should be)

misfit said:
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, is IMO the only decent burzum album and is generally considered by people to be Burzum's best - including by Varg, so I'd hardly say its unpopular. Otherwise you could probably list every album released by a black metal band.

My list;
- Alchemist - Lunasphere
- The Chasm - The Spell of Retribution
- Slayer - Show No Mercy (in that its nowhere near as popular as it should be)

i hear about the self titled and filosofem constantly. ive never met anyone else who loved hvis lyset as well. so i guess it just depends on who you know.

Metallica - Load
Katatonia - Viva emptiness
Strapping Young Lad - S/T
Meshuggah - Catch 33
Silverchair - everything.
Sevendust - Animosity
Finger Eleven - Tip
Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill
Brian McKnight - Anytime
Dream Theater - Train Of Thought

And many others, but only for the sheer reason everyone is an idiot and hasn't bothered checking them out properly.