Favorite mainstream band

Triumphant Apostle

Disciple Of The Watch
Dec 8, 2001
St.Paul, MN
Visit site
Mine would be Tool,without question.Tool and Opeth are my two favorite bands. I was a little disappointed that They got so huge since I have been a fan of Tool since 1992. However they have never compromised their sound and always release quality albums. In fact I feel that their latest album Lateralus is their Least "accessable" album to date.It is sometimes unfortunate when a band you like who isn't popular at the time you get into them gets huge but as long as they are still releasing great music I feel that you should always support them and should NEVER quit liking them just because a bunch of radio fans like their singles! What is your favorite "mainstream" band?

Also Tool :D
I haven't liked them since '92, but I liked them right around when AEnima came out. They weren't exactly an obscure band then, but I don't think they were nearly as popular then. They were also my absolute favorite band until I found Opeth. I don't care if a lot of MTV people like them really, the only thing that pissed me off was when this kid always made fun of me for liking Tool. Then he heard Schism on MTV or the radio and bought Lateralus the day it came out, BEFORE I got it, I ordered it online and got it later. I also find it funny that Christians like Tool, how can they be so oblivious to the lyrics :rolleyes:

I also like som older 70's stuff as far as "mainstream", but most of what I like isn't mainstream, I like the Melvins too, but I don't think they are really mainstream, not sure.

Tool shares the podium with Opeth for my favourite band. Tool since 1996, but I've since mentally dissected every second of music and love it all.

I've been a huge NIN fan since 1997, and I own the entire collection of singles, etc.

Radiohead
Portishead

I like head.

Do christians really like Tool? I wouldn't think so..

I like Sublime, Björk, Strung Out, and Guns 'n Roses :lol:, Deftones, Rage Against the Machine (1st album really)..

I can honestly listen to anything, but it doesn't necessarily mean I LIKE it..

deffinately SMASHING PUMPKINS, my favourite band was Radiohead until i saw SP, then that concert was something else, i was left stunned that id never see this band again. anyway Tool are great too.

if mudvayne is considered mainstream,( i know some people would consider them to be, especially with their commercial success) i would say them. they have been may fav listen for the past year or so. but as i have opeth cd's on the way, this will probably be changing very soon!

i would say them. they have been may fav listen for the past year or so. but as i have opeth cd's on the way, this will probably be changing very soon!

But why? If you like Mudvayne, why would getting Opeth CD's make you not like them anymore? Dude, if you like 'em so much that you've been listening for the past YEAR, then getting Opeth CD's should make no difference!

Edit: Ok, ok..you said "fav", and I for one go through my phases. I just hope that getting Opeth doesn't make you NOT LIKE Mudvayne anymore.

Originally posted by _Transparent_
deffinately SMASHING PUMPKINS, my favourite band was Radiohead until i saw SP, then that concert was something else, i was left stunned that id never see this band again. anyway Tool are great too.

Smashing Pumpkins are awesome!!! I just wish I saw their last performance :cry:

i wasnt saying i wouldnt like mudvayne anymore, just that opeth would probably be taking over my cd player!
i'm really looking forward to what they do next.(mudvayne) i just hope they dont choke and disappoint me, some of their material has really "touched" me.

wasnt saying i wouldnt like mudvayne anymore, just that opeth would probably be taking over my cd player!

Well, a good dose of Opeth'll let you see Mudvayne for the two chord cretins they are! Be prepared to ahve your eyes opened!

Originally posted by slingblade
i wasnt saying i wouldnt like mudvayne anymore, just that opeth would probably be taking over my cd player!
i'm really looking forward to what they do next.(mudvayne) i just hope they dont choke and disappoint me, some of their material has really "touched" me.

Yeah, I know, hence my correction :p
By the way, I saw Mudvayne on HBO (Reverb, I think), and they were pretty damn good. I liked the bassist. And I got LD-50 (I think that's what its called), but I can't stand the CD cover of the baby :mad:

Definitely Tool...I have liked them since around the time Ænima was released and haven't stopped listening. Seeing them live is an amazing experience. I, too, was a bit disappointed to see their current rise in popularity. As long as they don't change their music to suit the majority, which I don't see them ever doing, then I could care less how many people listen to them. It just pisses me off when new listeners group them in the same category as Limp Bizkit and all of the other shitty mainstream bands. Their music is far more complex than anything these bands could ever produce. I admit, I haven't listened to them as much as I used to after really getting into Opeth. They still are my second favorite band and will always be important to me.

I also like Soundgarden a lot. It should be very interesting to see Chris Cornell with the remaining members of Rage Against The Machine.