An original thread: Is Katatonia your favorite band?

Mantraschism said:
@Pharos: Have you listened to To Violate the Oblivious? That is THE Xasthur album, to me.

No cant say i have,i`ll check it out.Cant believe it better Nocturnal Poisoning though

Well, Cannibal Corpse has been my all-time favorite #1 band since I was in High School (over 12 years), but recently I've discovered that Katatonia are actually my favorite band now. I just listen to them way more than anything because they're just too fucking good. Plus Cannibal Corpse's latest album, "The Wretched Spawn", while it is a GREAT album is also their worst. I think even Macabre is higher up on my favorite bands list now than them. So my top ten favorite bands of all-time list for 2005 would now look something like this -

1. Katatonia
2. Macabre
3. Cannibal Corpse
4. The Thought Industry
5. In Flames
6. Rotting Christ
7. Amorphis
8. When
9. Suffocation
10. Soilwork

Somewhat, give or take, but bands like Faith No More, Morbid Angel, Napalm Death, Malevolent Creation, Butthole Surfers, GWAR, etc. could easily be in the top 10 also on any given week. I still avidly stand by all the bands I got into back in High School. Hell, that includes Anthrax, Deicide, Slayer, Carcass, Death and tons of others. -Vince

I really like those bands belongig to the swedish progressive/melancholic rock scene like Anekdoten/Paatos/Opeth (the songs with clean vocals), Katatonia but also FlowerKings and sidekicks (brilliant: Ritual!), I'd call none of these bands my favourite they're all worth to be listened; As for Kata the last 3 albums are amazing, first 2 albums I find funny and Discouraged ones boring; so 5 out of 6 is a nice ratio and I don't know so many bands with so many nice albums; making alltime charts Kata would be definitely top5 :)

Greets to all

Im not sure, my favourite bands are;

Katatonia
Opeth
Shape of Despair
Neurosis
Cult of Luna

But maybe not in that order. Anyway, Katatonia rocks and... There is nothing more to add.

EvilVince said:
1. Katatonia
2. Macabre <--- WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS???????
3. Cannibal Corpse
4. The Thought Industry
5. In Flames
6. Rotting Christ
7. Amorphis
8. When
9. Suffocation
10. Soilwork

Macabre? MACABRE????

Dude, I saw them live when they replaced Vader on Cannibal Corpse's 2004 tour...

they are the worst band I have ever seen or heard.

My ears were fucking raped by Macabre.

Jinn said:
Macabre? MACABRE????

Dude, I saw them live when they replaced Vader on Cannibal Corpse's 2004 tour...

they are the worst band I have ever seen or heard.

My ears were fucking raped by Macabre.
haha i knew you were going to mention that

no.my favourite is my dying bride,then anathema,tiamat and then katatonia...i haven't heard so many cds that's why their not my favourite band

I always say that Katatonia is my favorite band. (period) I adore lots of other groups, such as opeth, my dying bride, death etc. but KATATONIA is deffinetly something else!