An original thread: Is Katatonia your favorite band?

...Wow... nobody got my sarcasm. *cries endlessly*

Katatonia isn't my favourite band because I don't own all of their records, I only have 3. So I wouldn't be so objective if I say yes, they are.

my favorite bands would be along these lines:

Solitude Aeturnus, In The Woods..., Maudlin Of
The Well, Nirvana, Soul Asylum, Nick Drake,
Katatonia, Anathema, Old Metallica, Alice In
Chains, Death, Queen, Don Mclean, Eva Cassidy,
Agalloch, At The Gates, Enya, Fall Of The Leafe,
Mad Season, Hum, Heather Nova, Opeth, Jackson
C. Frank, Porcupine Tree, Mogwai, Evergrey, lilitu, old lacrimas profundere

Yes, as well as, Neil Young, Jeff Buckely, Nick Drake, Porcupine Tree, Miles Davis, Anathema, The Velvet Underground, Type O Negative, John Prine, Agalloch, Sigur Ros, etc......

My favorite is Burzum. And it won't change ! Second is Katatonia. I'm a black metala maniac. So I think Katatonia have there a great second position ;-)

And hmm there is many bands from place 3 to X. With some doom bands in that like - Swallow The Sun, My Dying Bride, Opeth (if you get them to the doom metal not melodic death :) ) hmm, Lacrimas Profundere - I still like them ...

@Luz: I'm sorry! I actually didn't get your sarcasm -- I don't know why, as much as you love Bloodbath. Forgive me?

@12: Swallow the Sun are a damn good band. I've only got The Morning Never Came (I know it's their only full-length, but I figure that they have at least a demo before that, and I count that as a release), but I was quite impressed with it.

@ Mantraschism - so it's must for you to listen to their new single " Forgive Her ...". It's great.

LoboUivante said:
my favorite bands would be along these lines:

Solitude Aeturnus, In The Woods..., Maudlin Of
The Well, Nirvana, Soul Asylum, Nick Drake,
Katatonia, Anathema, Old Metallica, Alice In
Chains, Death, Queen, Don Mclean, Eva Cassidy,
Agalloch, At The Gates, Enya,fall of the leafe
Mad Season, Hum, Heather Nova, Opeth, Jackson

hell yeah some one who knows fall of the leafe.one of most underrated bands ever.most people they they just sound like sentenced or another gothicrock band, but IMO they have really this something special touch.(and not only because the singer sings different lyrics as the ones in the booklet)

anyway my favorite band is DARK TRANQUILLITY, best band ever :D
other favs:Solefald,ISIS, Anathema, Omnium Gatherum, Cult of Luna, WOven Hand, Converge, The Cure, Sigur Ros, Extol, Drawn, In Flames, Eyes of Fire, and of course (newer Katatonia) and Fall of the Leafe

Greetings all!

Katatonia has been a favourite band of mine of a while, but they'll have to share the space with opeth, Bloodbath and Jeff Wayne... ... etc! I'll attempt not to babble!