Your all-time favorite band/musician (or two)

Svarthjärtad;8121793 said:
Naglfar: I know what you mean. People congradulate me on how well I speak (not so much write). I learned and speak mostly British English. Which, I think, is a much more proper and respectable form of the the English language.

Depends. On the whole American English is easier to understand. A lot of British people speak such a slanged version of the language that they make the American southern drawl seem tame. I have a buddy from Liverpool who used to degenerate into his "English" English when he was drunk; damned if I know "wot" he ever said while he was smashed!

Depends. On the whole American English is easier to understand. A lot of British people speak such a slanged version of the language that they make the American southern drawl seem tame. I have a buddy from Liverpool who used to degenerate into his "English" English when he was drunk; damned if I know "wot" he ever said while he was smashed!

Hell, depends on the American accent - there are some I can barely understand, and I'm from here!

Quick tale. I'm from Wisconsin. For the most part, we're a northern state that speaks really quickly, really nasally, and with a sing-song accent - we got it from the Scandinavian immigrants. Basically, we sound like drunk Canadians hopped up on caffeine, imitating our Norwegian great uncle Sven. Consequently, that's how I talk. Now, put me in New Orleans, where the accent down there is slow, drawly, with every vowel streeeeeeeeeeetched out like taffy. It once took me 15 minutes to try to buy a bus pass when I was there, because we just couldn't understand each other! :lol:

Well, I'm currently reading a book about language contact and Krashen is quoted quite alot. ;)

Ah ok :) .

Hell, depends on the American accent - there are some I can barely understand, and I'm from here!

Quick tale. I'm from Wisconsin. For the most part, we're a northern state that speaks really quickly, really nasally, and with a sing-song accent - we got it from the Scandinavian immigrants. Basically, we sound like drunk Canadians hopped up on caffeine, imitating our Norwegian great uncle Sven. Consequently, that's how I talk. Now, put me in New Orleans, where the accent down there is slow, drawly, with every vowel streeeeeeeeeeetched out like taffy. It once took me 15 minutes to try to buy a bus pass when I was there, because we just couldn't understand each other! :lol:

:lol:

There is a lot of great universities in Pennsylvania. Need I mention that 'State College' is not only one of the most inteligent areas in the world, but also has one of the most top-ranking universities in the world, 'Penn State'. We have Cal-U which is good.
My advice for you, you need to come here for a semester or something. Excelent education and some of the greatest beers in the world. Beyond forever, my favorite beer was Norrlands Guld (and still is), but Yuengling Lager is REALLY good and is right up there with Norrlands. Which, is made in Pennsylvania and (I think) only sold here, too! Really great scenery. Almost exactly as Sweden or Denmark, but not as moutainess as Norway and Finland. But is a little bit warmer than those places. Our temperture reaches about +38C in summers, Sweden - +25C on average.

Svarthjärtad;8124834 said:
There is a lot of great universities in Pennsylvania. Need I mention that 'State College' is not only one of the most inteligent areas in the world, but also has one of the most top-ranking universities in the world, 'Penn State'. We have Cal-U which is good.
My advice for you, you need to come here for a semester or something. Excelent education and some of the greatest beers in the world. Beyond forever, my favorite beer was Norrlands Guld (and still is), but Yuengling Lager is REALLY good and is right up there with Norrlands. Which, is made in Pennsylvania and (I think) only sold here, too! Really great scenery. Almost exactly as Sweden or Denmark, but not as moutainess as Norway and Finland. But is a little bit warmer than those places. Our temperture reaches about +38C in summers, Sweden - +25C on average.

Cool, thanks for the info. Yes, the Uni is Penn State (Abington). I may be going to California around June, but well, that's a bit far from Pennsylvania har har :p . I could drive though ;) ….

Hehe. If you're over the drinking of 21, you really don't have much to worry about. That is, unless you're a trouble-maker. There is a lot of Penn State subdivisions (if that is correct word?) around the country, maybe the world... not sure. There is one not far away from me, in Altoona, PA. Really nice school. But like I said, Pennsylvanians are nice and they like to drink...and drink good beer at that.
Erik will tell you, he lives in Philladelphia. Great state!
Driving would be fun, but surely costly and boring/long. I would suggest fly.

It's like a two day drive (of constant driving) from Cali to the East Coast!

Har har, problem: I don't know how to drive hehehehe :p .

Svarthjärtad;8126716 said:
Hehe. If you're over the drinking of 21, you really don't have much to worry about. That is, unless you're a trouble-maker. There is a lot of Penn State subdivisions (if that is correct word?) around the country, maybe the world... not sure. There is one not far away from me, in Altoona, PA. Really nice school. But like I said, Pennsylvanians are nice and they like to drink...and drink good beer at that.
Erik will tell you, he lives in Philladelphia. Great state!
Driving would be fun, but surely costly and boring/long. I would suggest fly.

Yes flying would definitely be better, I'll think about it but I probably won't do it.

Har har, problem: I don't know how to drive hehehehe :p .

Yes flying would definitely be better, I'll think about it but I probably won't do it.

There's always the train...but it takes about 4-5 days to get from Pennsylvania to California, and that includes transfer time in Chicago. The United States is really big! :zombie:

Viva Amtrak!

There's always the train...but it takes about 4-5 days to get from Pennsylvania to California, and that includes transfer time in Chicago. The United States is really big! :zombie:

Viva Amtrak!

Hehe yeah I know, I've been there several times ;).

Svarthjärtad;8129272 said:
DEFIANCE:
I won't hold my breathe... nor my beer. Hehe.
:)

Har har ok neither will I :p .

you don't have your license yet?! :zombie:

Har har nope, Costa Rica is the 3rd country (I'm not sure now) in the world that has car accidents. So, that's enough reason for me. Still, I should learn how to drive in case of an emergency or something. I did the theoretical test, but I failed it. It's probably the most-horribly designed test I have ever done, though. (And I know the academic bases to say that ;) ).

Accidents aside, like you said, you never know when you may need it, i.e. in case of an emergency. It's easy to postpone it because you think you won't drive very often, but still I suggest you get it as soon as possible, it's a one-time investment for the rest of your life :)
and yeah that theoretical exam can be tricky, I failed once for it, and I barely succeeded the second time, one more error and I would have failed again, haha.

don't you have such forms for practicing? I bought them from my driving school. Those were the original forms from the actual tests. so I just went through all of them (like 50) and passed without any mistake.

I found the practice 'forms' on the internet over here as well.:) Went through 'em a couple times, passed in first go with flying colors.<3 Just got my driving license last month in fact, finally. Got around late to doing it (I'm 22), but at least I'm mobile now and everything went smoothly.