Your all-time favorite band/musician (or two)

an hard question to answer....
favourite bands have changed in time....together with musical tastes....
but i can tell you which are the two bands which have meant more to me in all this time, and they are vintersorg of course and kind diamond, my two heroes :lol:

Vintersorg is number one and has been for a while. Beyond that I can't say really, Blind Guardian are a strong possibility and probably are my favorite band. Man did I hate Blind Guardian when I first heard them.:D But that was a while ago and I've grown to love them since then.<3

too easy.....
he said one or two :p

Yup and 'all-time', not current.=)

That is tough. Mine would have to be

Kristoffer Rygg, I think everything he's done is gold, and he's been involved in so many projects. Ulver and Arcturus alone are two of my favorite bands he's been involved with.
Mr. V is in there also, he just squeezes into second place because Solens Rotter is one of my favorite albums ever. Along with Vintersorg, I love his work with Cronian, Waterclime, and Borknagar!

"of all time" is a big word. But ok.
1. (artist): mr V (how convenient to span lots of bands with one guy)
2. (band): probably a tie between Evergrey and Paradise Lost (even though there seem to be a few too many cons to classify PL as favourite now they have been around in my life since 1993 and are therefore closer to the term "of all time" than all the other bands I am listening to. Back in the day my fellow students even called me "Frau Lost". So much for my confession of the day.)

Currently? It's a tie between Shaman (the Sami band that became Korpiklaani) and Tyr (the Faroe Islands one).

Of all time? That's really hard to say. My tastes are too fickle, but I do have to give serious consideration to Midnight Oil - they're one band that has consistently put out great material. That and Rush. But I haven't listened to either band seriously in years.

Favourite artist has to be Mr. V since that will, as many already have pointed out, this included a number of bands.
My all-time favourite band has to be My Dying Bride, no doubt about it. First and foremost I will get an MDB-tattoo on my arm and then the V-logo with the sun and the moon tattooed. :headbang:

This is really hard... it depends on the genre....

To put two is impossible you know? I have many bands that share the first place...:

- Dark Tranquillity
- The Gathering
- Arcturus
- Blind Guardian
- Paradise Lost
- Destruction
- Thin Lizzy
- Luca Turilli
- Threshold

And the list goes on :p .

Dan Swano and everything he has done is my end all of music. If given a second, just not sure... somewhere between Enslaved, King Diamond / Mercyful Fate, Sentenced, and Therion, but damned if I could choose who gets #2...

My neighbour in Örebro :p

My neighbour in Örebro :p
danochjag.jpg

... omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome! I'm so jealous. =) Great pic!

Give him a big, fat kiss from his biggest Puerto Rican fan for me!

... omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome! I'm so jealous. =) Great pic!

Give him a big, fat kiss from his biggest Puerto Rican fan for me!

Sure :)
Actually Dan is more my husband's friend than my friend, hehe. I have talked to Dan a couple of times but you can see for the first time that he's a funny & nice person, hehe! I'll give him your greetings :)