• Countess Bathory

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Don't Burn The Witch

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • At War With Satan (preview)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But Venom's not really about maturity, is it?

I find Black Metal a bit hit and miss. The mid paced tracks are kinda boring and overall it's just not as much fun to listen to. Whereas Welcome to Hell keeps up the intensity for pretty much the entire album and the riffs are so razor sharp (in a sloppy, rusty kind of way).

But Venom's not really about maturity, is it?

I find Black Metal a bit hit and miss. The mid paced tracks are kinda boring and overall it's just not as much fun to listen to. Whereas Welcome to Hell keeps up the intensity for pretty much the entire album and the riffs are so razor sharp (in a sloppy, rusty kind of way).

I find both albums to be equally good.

At War With satan is where they started slacking off IMO.

I'm surprised by the massive, overwhelming majority vote for Countess Bathory. That's probably the simplest and most 'basic' song on the entire album.

I'm surprised by the massive, overwhelming majority vote for Countess Bathory. That's probably the simplest and most 'basic' song on the entire album.

That's what Venom are good at.

Black Metal > Welcome To Hell. By a lot.

At War With Satan is possibly the most ridiculous song ever recorded.

I prefer the Cronos Solo recording of At War With Satan over the Venom album version. it has better production and it gets right to the meat n potatoes of the song.

I couldn't bring myself to listen to that song enough to make the comparison. It's fun once, but a little too ridiculous. If they'd done what any normal band would have done and broken it into 4 or 5 pretentiously named parts it would have been better.

I can't recall ever hearing this whole album, or maybe any of it. I know I had heard some Venom back in the day at someone's house or whatever, and I thought it sucked. Based on that I never pursued the band.

Well they're absurdly cheesy, and have definitely written their share of shitty songs. It took me a while before I could appreciate them.

I couldn't bring myself to listen to that song enough to make the comparison. It's fun once, but a little too ridiculous. If they'd done what any normal band would have done and broken it into 4 or 5 pretentiously named parts it would have been better.

Listen to the Cronos version from the album "Dancing In The Fire". Its sooo much better. less cheesy, less forced, and much more well produced/performed.

I think Buried Alive is, but Raise The Dead isn't anything particularly special.