• Strange World

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Charlotte The Harlot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iron Maiden

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i thought brave new world was a boring pile of concert ruining crap. same goes for no prayer for the dying.

weird, i know it's ok in theory but i just can't get over how boring the songs are. i really only like wicker man from the whole thing. blood brothers is just so agonizingly boring i almost wanna kill myself to make it stop.

The X-Factor is way underrated, better then all non-eighties albums except for BNW imo.

As for the topic, I'll go with Phantom of the Opera.

I went with "Iron Maiden" because of how fucking awesome it is live.

EDIT: Did anyone else like "A Matter of Life and Death"?

Venom is the closest I'll get to having a passion for British heavy metal.

I got Welcome to Hell today and it fucking rocks.

I don't see how you can love Venom but have no interest in Maiden. Frankly Venom sound like a bunch of amatuers compared to Maiden.

No Prayer, X Factor, and Virtual all suck. Brave New World is amazing, imo. My favorite.

I don't see why so many people hate The X Factor. In my opinion, it's just two small flaws short of a masterpiece; some crappy drumming at parts and some parts that just don't fit Blaze's otherwise awesome voice.

No Prayer for the Dying is a decent album. The only bad songs are Tailgunner, Holy Smoke and Hooks In You, and the title track is divine.

Virtual XI... Umm, I agree. It does suck. Futureal and The Educated Fool are good songs though.

Hell yeah. It's one of my favourite Maiden albums, along with SSOASS and The X Factor.

IMO this is one of their worst albums, and most of these songs aren't really my taste. I picked Prowler though, which is a really awesome song with an amazing riff. I just can't figure out if I like it more on Iron Maiden or on A Real Dead One. Diano sings it the right way, but Bruce sings it with the right voice :)

Absolutely! It's a really great album with many kickass songs. That and BNW are in my opinion the 2 best maiden albums.

AMOLAD is a great, and under-rated album. I certainly think though, that Brave New World is the best album they've made since SSOASS. The Nomad is the "modern" Maiden's answer to Rime of the Ancient Mariner (which imo is the greatest metal song ever penned). An excellent song.

I don't see how you can love Venom but have no interest in Maiden. Frankly Venom sound like a bunch of amatuers compared to Maiden.

I think its because Venom was darker, faster/heavier, or something of that ilk. Also, having damn catchy songs had something to do with it. I love Venom just as much as I love Maiden so I can see where he's coming from. Also, judging from his icons and signature, he's a black metal fan. And regardless of whether Venom plays black metal or not, they DID coin the phrase.

PS. Venom poll will be up soon. :headbang:

I think its because Venom was darker, faster/heavier, or something of that ilk. Also, having damn catchy songs had something to do with it. I love Venom just as much as I love Maiden so I can see where he's coming from. Also, judging from his icons and signature, he's a black metal fan. And regardless of whether Venom plays black metal or not, they DID coin the phrase.

PS. Venom poll will be up soon. :headbang:

i assumed that was the reason too

weird, i know it's ok in theory but i just can't get over how boring the songs are. i really only like wicker man from the whole thing. blood brothers is just so agonizingly boring i almost wanna kill myself to make it stop.
Hm...Blood Brothers was actually my favorite song...and the Wicker Man was one of my least favorites...
That album would have been a masterpiece if they had cut different world + benjamin breeg and trimmed all the songs.

No Prayer for the Dying is a decent album. The only bad songs are Tailgunner, Holy Smoke and Hooks In You, and the title track is divine.
Those are the good songs, actually...those and Run Silent Run Deep.

Actually, they just sound like amateurs period. Great band, but no skill at all.