• Charlotte The Harlot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iron Maiden

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 1, 2004
VA
Hey guys, I'm gunna be putting polls up here every once in a while just to see the favorites off of individual metal albums. Discussions in these threads are highly welcomed.

Our first album, Iron Maiden Self titled. To me, the best song is probably the title track. Its a perfect representation of where they were at the time.

This was a hard choice between Remember Tomorrow and Phantom of the Opera. I went with Remember Tomorrow 'cause it doesn't sound like any other Maiden song.

For me, this was a hard choice between Remember Tomorrow, Phantom of the Opera and Charlotte The Harlot. I went with Phantom of the Opera 'cause of the solo and I just like longer tracks.

For me it was a big tossup between the title track and Phantom of the Opera. Phantom of the Opera is one of my favorite Maiden songs ever, but the version with Bruce is so much better. I prefer Paul's version of Iron Maiden though, so thats why I picked it.

Title track. Prowler, Running Free, Sanctuary, and Phantom of the Opera are all also excellent.

@Zeph: How have you managed not to get this?
GET IT. NOW.

Not an Iron Maiden fan, sorry. A friend lent me Piece of Mind and SSOASS and while they were decent, they didn't much appeal to me.

Not an Iron Maiden fan, sorry. A friend lent me Piece of Mind and SSOASS and while they were decent, they didn't much appeal to me.
You never really listened to them. If you did you would have instantly had an awesome-gasm.

Venom is the closest I'll get to having a passion for British heavy metal.

I got Welcome to Hell today and it fucking rocks.

Very different sound on the first album. Completely different, actually. In fact, it's almost a different band - different singer, drummer, and guitarist. More of a punkish feel.

Also, check out Somewhere In Time - also different from the ones you heard, and with the most amazing sound. Brave New World is also worth a shot.

You have to understand that Maiden's sound changed with every album.

It's always tough for me to pick favorite Maiden songs considering I love almost every single song they released from 1980 to 1988. Nevertheless, I went with 'Phantom of the Opera'.

They often played a mix CD at wrestling practices with the song "Aces High" on it. It will always be my favorite Iron Maiden song.