Enter The Grave vs Infected Nations

Enter The Grave vs Infected Nations

• Total voters
Comparisons between the two albums are invalid. Evile are clearly a band who are going to evolve and progress as time goes on, which is a good thing in my opinion. Some bands (Motorhead, AC/DC) have made a career by doing one thing very well, but it is rare. Most bands have to evolve, and as they mature as musicians, naturally this will affect the music they make. I will be very interested to see where Evile go with the next album, and particularly what influence (if any) Joel has on the songwriting. I'm as sure Evile's next album will be different from the other two as I am that Gama Bomb's next record will be more of the same (and I do like Gama Bomb a lot, I just don't see room for growth in what they do).

Infected Nations - it's superior to Enter the Grave in everyway. performance, production, songwriting, tone... you name it. Not to mention the fact that as good as ETG is, it's pretty bog-standard.

I guess you could make that argument if you equate technical superiority with being better.

They're both awesome albums. Too different in my opinion to say that either is better than the other. The comparison is kinda pointless.

That said, without ETG there would likely be no IN.

Enter the Grave < Infected Nation
Thrasher > Now Demolition
First Blood > Nosophoros
Man Against Machine > Genocide
Burned Alive < Plauge to End All Plagues
Killer From The Deep > Devoid of Thought
We Who Are About To Die < Time No More
Schizophrenia > Metamorphosis
Bathe In Blood < Hundred Wrathful Deities
Armoured Assualt > My Parasite

Yeh 6-4 so far.

Enter the Grave > Infected Nation
Thrasher > Now Demolition
First Blood < Nosophoros
Man Against Machine < Genocide
Burned Alive < Plague to End All Plagues
Killer From The Deep > Devoid of Thought
We Who Are About To Die > Time No More
Schizophrenia > Metamorphosis
Bathe In Blood > Hundred Wrathful Deities
Armoured Assault < My Parasite

6-4 for me too, very hard choice between Burned Alive and Plague to end all Plagues.

I enjoy both albms but IN is better. end of.

I hear some people say 'But ETG sounds thrashier' which will ALWAYS result in me sayng 'So basically you prefer great but rehashed generic music that does nothing new as opposed to records that could almost be classed as avant-garde? You're a fucking idiot'.

Enter The Grave wasn't just thrashier, it also had some more epic songs like We Who Are About To Die and Man Against Machine. I would hardly call the album generic. The fact is, by definition avant-garde music is less popular, and harder to get into, so I wouldn't call someone an idiot for not liking it that much. Saying that I do enjoy a fair bit of avant-garde music, but what's wrong with enjoying good old thrash?

I guess you could make that argument if you equate technical superiority with being better.

They're both awesome albums. Too different in my opinion to say that either is better than the other. The comparison is kinda pointless.

That said, without ETG there would likely be no IN.

It's not really just comparing the albums musically, as they are different styles. It's just a simple "Which do you prefer?" Kinda like asking which genre you prefer, like thrash or metalcore (please note examples used have no relation to the question, I'm not trying to suggest Evile are metalcore :lol:)

Enter The Grave wasn't just thrashier, it also had some more epic songs like We Who Are About To Die and Man Against Machine. I would hardly call the album generic. The fact is, by definition avant-garde music is less popular, and harder to get into, so I wouldn't call someone an idiot for not liking it that much. Saying that I do enjoy a fair bit of avant-garde music, but what's wrong with enjoying good old thrash?

I simply don't understand how somone can't enjoy something that's superior to what came before it in every single way.

People tend to call e close minded when it comes to music, well look who's being closed minded now. Stay in your safe zones, but you're a fool if you do so,

I simply don't understand how somone can't enjoy something that's superior to what came before it in every single way.

People tend to call e close minded when it comes to music, well look who's being closed minded now. Stay in your safe zones, but you're a fool if you do so,

I'm not being close minded dude. I just prefer ETG to IN, and that's just my opinion. Who said I don't enjoy Infected Nations? I think you might've got the wrong end of the stick man. I just don't like music purely because it's technically superior, otherwise I'd be into uber-technical death metal, and I'd prefer ...And Justice For All to Kill Em All. I experiment listening to all genres of metal, I certainly don't just stay in my safe zone, how else would I have got into into grindcore :lol:

You've a better chance of winning an argument with a potato than with Dave.

As for First Blood vs. Nosophoros, its not that I don't like First Blood, because I fucking love that song, its just that Nosophoros is better in my opinion. I love the intro to First Blood, but I like the Nosophoros chorus a little better. Both have great riffs, and solos and such, but the lyrics for Nosophoros and the amazing chorus make it better that First Blood in my opinion.

You've a better chance of winning an argument with a potato than with Dave.

Well that's not hard, seeing as a potato can't argue back. :lol:

The argument has hardly been won. Only 22 people have voted, out of the entire fanbase (unless great band, 22 fans :lol:), which hardly proves that more people favour ETG. Either way, Infected Nations is infinitely better. It's a fact. Fuck your opinions. :lol:

Also:

Alteredmindeath said:
the argument hasn't been won, the polls have broken. Gaysex fans favor ETG.

Fixed. :lol:

I'm definitely going for Infected Nations. It's a fucking awesome album

Enter the Grave is a great release as well, but I love the overall togetherness and greatness that is Infected Nations.

omg 50 vs 50

I voted Infected Nations, because it has more complex songs, more ideas and I think Matt's voice it's better on this album.

I enjoy both albms but IN is better. end of.

I hear some people say 'But ETG sounds thrashier' which will ALWAYS result in me sayng 'So basically you prefer great but rehashed generic music that does nothing new as opposed to records that could almost be classed as avant-garde? You're a fucking idiot'.

I agree to a certain extent. I chose Infected Nations because Evile have came into a sound of their own on that album. Enter The Grave is a fantastic album, it's amazing, it's what made Evile BUT I believe it is rather generic in the way that it isn't full of more "meaningful" songs and is just your kind of typical thrash riffs. I had this chat with the lads last night, I am in no way slating that "style" of thrash, I adore it and it is what makes bands like Municipal Waste etc popular. But I do prefer the lyrics and more complex musical style of Infected Nations as a whole.

Can we stop the "22 fans picked ETG therefore it's better nahnahnah" palaver please? It comes off a tad childish and I know it's not meant to be a serious stab at someone but some newbie will come on and it'll start a Troll-off and I'm nae in the mood for that. In the end it is all down to opinion and in the end you can't change someones personal opinion so there is no point in trying.