Epic symphonic metal project...badly need production advice!

Det_Nosnip

New Metal Member
Nov 10, 2005
Chicago, IL
www.myspace.com
http://www.myspace.com/tzuris

The general consensus that I've gotten in terms of feedback has been that the music is cool but the mixes are horrible, so I was wondering if anyone could help me fix that! I admit to being somewhat of a neophate when it comes to production, so please feel free to tear my mixes apart...constructively! Mixing for so many instruments has been admitedly overwhelming, and I haven't quite gotten a product that I'm thrilled about. I've also got the added problem of pure synth instruments for now (working on building up my chops to record real guitars, to be frank), so it's a mess...especially those godawful guitar synths. Any tips that you guys have (besides "record real guitars") would be greatly appreciated!

The main problem it´s in the guitar synth. Sounds like guitar pro synth. Very bad indeed. If you want create guitars with synths/samples at least buy something with quality like prominy or you wont get rid of bad quality.

Yeah, I know. It's actually a VST from Sonar's built in. It's a cheap modeled synth but I honestly haven't found a better one...electric guitars are difficult to synthesize. Clean guitars, on the other hand, aren't too hard and I've always had the thought of reamping a synthesized clean guitar but as of yet haven't gotten it to work. Has anybody tried something like that?