Epica + Kamelot in IL 9/30- who's going?

Haunted Eclipse

Vulture Feeder
Feb 27, 2002
Roselle, IL
www.myspace.com
Hey... Who the hell is this guy? I have missed the last few Prog Powers but am making a comeback! Might as well get started early. Anyone going to Kamelot 9/30 @ The Pearl Room?:Smokin:

Now Playing---Poisonblack/ Lust Stained Despair

Haunted Eclipse said:
Hey... Who the hell is this guy? I have missed the last few Prog Powers but am making a comeback! Might as well get started early. Anyone going to Kamelot 9/30 @ The Pearl Room?:Smokin:

Now Playing---Poisonblack/ Lust Stained Despair

I'm going to try. How far is the Pearl Room (from where you live)? However far it is from you is going to be pretty close to how far it is from me, since I don't live very far from Roselle at all.

I'm pretty sure I'll be in attendance as well. As of right now a buddy is planning on coming along, but in the end it might be me, myself, and I. I'm coming up from Central Illinois ... Normal to be exact.

Britt

I'll be there for sure, Hopefully this will hold me over for a while on good shows, since the midwest doesnt get too many.

Yardley and I will be there.

When we were talking to Mark Jansen at PP, we told him we were going to the Chicago show. He made a comment like, "I hope that show does well too. Some shows, like NY, sold many tickets. Chicago didn't."

Yippee38 said:
Yardley and I will be there.

When we were talking to Mark Jansen at PP, we told him we were going to the Chicago show. He made a comment like, "I hope that show does well too. Some shows, like NY, sold many tickets. Chicago didn't."

Ouch, that's a bummer.

We're thinking of trying to go, as well, since it's on a Saturday. We'd have to get a hotel (motel?!) room there, though, since I don't think either of us want to make a 4 hour trip back after the show ends.

-sarah

Going for sure! It's unfortunate that this show hasnt sold well. Though Chicago does seem to lead the county in most people who say: "Oh I would be going to that show, but..." At least as far as the metal crowd is concerned.

Might go... at the very least to check out Sacred Dawn and Mindwarp Chamber. Wonder if they'd let me back in if I left during Epica... that is, unless they're gonna cover Crystal Mountain again...

You would probably be closer flying into Midway.

Bad venue choice. They book a lot of metal shows there, but it is far away from most suburbs as well as the city.
It would have done better at House of Blues.

Chicago is very fickle for attendance. You never know what the turn out would be.

Sonata Arctica sold out House of Blues, yet Hammerfall and Edguy barely half-filled the place.

yardleybates said:
Bah, best thing I found was $299 round trip
US Airways Connect in Pittsburgh (PIT)
Damn, that's a bit high. Too bad, I'd go if I could get something like $100 cheaper.

Jasonic said:
You would probably be closer flying into Midway.

Bad venue choice. They book a lot of metal shows there, but it is far away from most suburbs as well as the city.
It would have done better at House of Blues.

Chicago is very fickle for attendance. You never know what the turn out would be.

Sonata Arctica sold out House of Blues, yet Hammerfall and Edguy barely half-filled the place.

hey, i'd go to Midway, I don't care...but even that's like 25 miles away.
Wish I had a buddy in Chicago.

It's a shame this show couldn't have been held at the House of Blues. Epica is really getting a taste of venue extremes (just like Nightwish) by playing at great places like Center Stage and BB KING's one night and then at dumps like Station 4 in St. Paul where there is no backstage, no dressing rooms, and two ceiling columns smack dab in the middle of the stage. From penthouse to shithole.

http://www.station-4.com/media.php

The Fiddler said:
It's a shame this show couldn't have been held at the House of Blues. Epica is really getting a taste of venue extremes (just like Nightwish) by playing at great places like Center Stage and BB KING's one night and then at dumps like Station 4 in St. Paul where there is no backstage, no dressing rooms, and two ceiling columns smack dab in the middle of the stage. From penthouse to shithole.

http://www.station-4.com/media.php

let's hope some of these crappier venues on the Kamelot tour will not deter them from coming back in the future.