Epica NA 2014 Tour......weird lineup?

DADRocks

Jul 14, 2006
Ok, think I'll be skipping this tour package, but from Epica's FB post:

"We are happy to announce that we will return to North America this fall supporting Machine Head. The tour will see us tour alongside Machine Head, Children Of Bodom and Battlecross.

Tour dates:

04-10-14 Summit Music Hall, Denver CO United States
06-10-14 House Of Blues, Dallas TX United States
07-10-14 House Of Blues, Houston TX United States
09-10-14 Hard Rock Live Orlando, FL United States
10-10-14 Masquerade Atlanta GA United States
12-10-14 Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA United States
14-10-14 The Sound Academy, Toronto ON Canada
16-10-14 Terminal 5, New York, NY United States
17-10-14 Palladium (Rock N Shock), Worcester, MA United States
18-10-14 Agora Theater, Cleveland OH United States
20-10-14 Concord Music Hall, Chicago IL United States
21-10-14 The Rave, Milwaukee WI United States
22-10-14 Skyway Theater, Minneapolis MN United States
24-10-14 O'Briens, Saskatoon SK Canada
26-10-14 Shaw Conference Center, Edmonton AB Canada
28-10-14 The Vogue, Vancouver BC Canada
29-10-14 Showbox SODO, Seattle WA United States
31-10-14 Fox Theater, Oakland CA United States
01-11-14 Palladium, Hollywood CA United States

All tickets go on sale this Friday at 10 AM EST."

This is one band I really want to see live, but I'd rather see them headline and without the weird lineup. I'm surprised this is hitting the Concord in Chicago. Way too big for this show.

Concord Hall is not too big for this tour, Simon. Machine Head alone usually pack the House Of Blues when they come to Chicago. Add Children Of Bodom and Epica to the package, and I think that there would be enough interest to fill a place like Concord Hall.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

This is a tour that I'd likely avoid, not because I necessarily don't like the bands involved - but because I don't want to be around most of the people that would be at these shows. Sorry. I got Children of Bodom out of my system a while back. I think the only thing that would get me to see them again would be a Hatebreeder or Follow the Reaper set. Then I'd cheer like the fanboy I used to be!

^^ That being said, I might be one of the only people in regular attendance at MDF and PPUSA with a Children of Bodom patch on my vest. They are the band that got me into European heavy metal, so they'll always have a spot in my heart.

Kinda like all my redneck friends and stupid Pantera.

I'd go see this as I like all the bands involved but, alas......no AZ date. Not surprised since Rob Flynn once told me they don't like coming to AZ cause they don't draw well here. As others have said I'd much prefer to see Epica headline.

I'd go, but it's on Halloween here, and taking my son trick or treating is more important. Besides, I just sae COB a few months ago and Machine Head plays here at least once a year. I'll just hope that Epica comes around again.