EPs

Magrathean

worldbuilder
Oct 14, 2005
Faculty of Science
s1.zetaboards.com
It's interesting to look back and realize that after "Skydancer" Tranquillity would release an EP "with the taste" of their upcoming album: "Of chaos" for "The gallery" and "Enter" for "The mind's i". They did the same for "Character" with "Lost". But then there's a gap there with "Projector", "Haven" and "Damage". No EPs for those. Any ideas why or any thoughts on that? Or any hopes/predictions about an EP for their next album?

well I read in an interview for character that they like to put more xperimental songs on their eps, songs that did not really fit into the regular albums like the endless feed. thats what the band says.
but interesting question, but I also like eps with cover songs or remixes.
something unusal for the "real" fans

Perhaps certain record labels want their bands to do EPs at certain point? Hmm, I never thought of that question before.

i've for some reason always thought of "of chaos..." as something more of a post-skydancer release than pre-gallery.

lost to apathy, though, could be due to the fact that the release date of character was postponed.

Well, i think that's part of what makes it a transition between "Skydancer" and "The gallery" (and that's just my opinion). First of all, the songs and style do seem like a transition between the "Skydancer" style (it's even got "Alone '94") and the "Gallery" style. Second, as you said, it's the beginning of a new Dark Tranquillity with a new singer while not a complete change into a new band.

And, if you ask me, the change between "Skydancer" and "The gallery" isn't that big lyrically (although musically the enormous change is obvious).