Eq advise - i can hear the strings being strucked

20Mg

when september comes
Aug 5, 2009
Maybe im paranoid maybe im not but i would like to know how i can eq out the sound of the string being strucked. In other recording its more obvious.. more like 'tak tak' sound. I use neck pick up. Basicly i want the sound to be more warm and soothing.. like the sound killswitch engage use in its soft part.

here is the unfinished track.
https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1663116/Output 1-2.mp3

Thx guys. xoxo

Well it's not so bad. And I don't know that KE song.
Perhaps the playing could be soften or something, because it seems to depend on the note, some are good some are less good. You used the green dunlop 0.82 pic? Or is it 0.88? Well it's green. :p I hate "covering shit up" with eq.

Well it's not so bad. And I don't know that KE song.
Perhaps the playing could be soften or something, because it seems to depend on the note, some are good some are less good. You used the green dunlop 0.82 pic? Or is it 0.88? Well it's green. :p I hate "covering shit up" with eq.
Think rose of sharyn. The soft part. Well, im sure theres a magic frequency i can cut to get rid of it.. come on pros, educate me! thx

hey thx mate.. its just a breakdown from a more progressive part. Ok ill try resonant peak. Any settings that i should start with?

I like how that sounds man, the sound of the string being picked enhances it in this case, gives the passage character.

I forgot to mention that this track is uneq'd. Any advise on how i can make a clean tone nicer? i only slapped a reverb and chorus on this.

The way to get rid of those is to manually edit the transient/time stretch it - I do this all the time with bass when there's too much pick attack on key notes or something.

No way to EQ it out, though.

The way to get rid of those is to manually edit the transient/time stretch it - I do this all the time with bass when there's too much pick attack on key notes or something.

No way to EQ it out, though.

So you're saying just extending the length of the transient takes away from its harshness? Pretty cool, it makes perfect sense, but never occurred to me!

So you're saying just extending the length of the transient takes away from its harshness? Pretty cool, it makes perfect sense, but never occurred to me!

Sortof... the first few ms of any bass/gtr track's transient is just that initial 'chhh' of the pick on the string, you know? What you do is cut that off, and time stretch the note backwards to meet where you initially snipped. That way the note duration is the same and the attack falls on the same spot, but you get rid of the pick noise. Really handy on bits where the bass pops through a bit too harshly on certain hits or on bass + drum solo'd bits.

Hey interesting solution dss3, ill try tat. Ill also try bandsplit de esser since im a lazy bugger.
thank you guys. xoxo

If only i could de-ess my wife of her nagging frequency.