Equator D8 (coming soon)

Mashreef

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2012
Chittagong,Bangladesh
555590_10151588894300309_1353561379_n.jpg

150754_10151588906785309_699122463_n.jpg

The D5 Studio Monitors will soon have a big brother called the D8 Studio Monitors.

ETA: June. US pricing is expected to be at $777 direct from the website.they will have international distribution as well.

they are also considering a D5-D8 upgrade path but the details are still TBD.

Fair price.

D5 to D8 upgrade path? Err....how would that work? Send the D5s back in? Or if it's for an additional pair of D8s, I don't think it makes sense to have 2 of the same speaker, but in different sizes.

Fair price.

D5 to D8 upgrade path? Err....how would that work? Send the D5s back in? Or if it's for an additional pair of D8s, I don't think it makes sense to have 2 of the same speaker, but in different sizes.

The D5 is incredibly compact and comes with a little suitcase; it would be awesome for mobile tracking or a B (or makeshift C) room.

Nice!

Though, at that price, they have plenty of competition.

The thing that made the D5s great is that they were competing with Rokit 5s, which suck ass. At nearly $800, these are competing with Adam A7s, Dynaudios, etc. Pretty big shoes to fill there if they want to compete well at that price point.

Nice!

Though, at that price, they have plenty of competition.

The thing that made the D5s great is that they were competing with Rokit 5s, which suck ass. At nearly $800, these are competing with Adam A7s, Dynaudios, etc. Pretty big shoes to fill there if they want to compete well at that price point.

Have they said if it will be that price for the pair or individually?

Have they said if it will be that price for the pair or individually?

I assume its for the pair? Equator stuff doesn't show up too often on the used market, so basing what they'll compete against on new prices is kinda silly. It's not like Equator is a household name, the only people who know about them likely aren't scared of buying used and used monitors in that range are pretty well regarded.

I assume its for the pair? Equator stuff doesn't show up too often on the used market, so basing what they'll compete against on new prices is kinda silly. It's not like Equator is a household name, the only people who know about them likely aren't scared of buying used and used monitors in that range are pretty well regarded.

New Adam A7X's and A8X's go for $700/$1000 respectively for only a single speaker, which is a completely different price league.

If these speakers will really market for around $700 a pair and retain the same level of quality as the D5's, they will blow most competition out of the water(IMO used Adams as well)

New Adam A7X's and A8X's go for $700/$1000 respectively for only a single speaker, which is a completely different price league.

If these speakers will really market for around $700 a pair and retain the same level of quality as the D5's, they will blow most competition out of the water

Did you even read my post?

First off, I said A7s, not A7X, which can be had for as low as $600 on the used market.

Second, I also said that Equator isn't a well known brand and isn't sold at big retailers, thus their market is limited to people who research their decision extensively online. These people would likely be willing to buy used if they could get something much better, thus the D8s will not only be competing with new monitors in the $800 range, but also used ones.

Did you even read my post?

First off, I said A7s, not A7X, which can be had for as low as $600 on the used market.

Second, I also said that Equator isn't a well known brand and isn't sold at big retailers, thus their market is limited to people who research their decision extensively online. These people would likely be willing to buy used if they could get something much better, thus the D8s will not only be competing with new monitors in the $800 range, but also used ones.

Sorry - just reread the post, the wording was a bit confusing.

Considering the reputation that Equator has built in such a short amount of time, at that price point it shouldn't be terribly difficult to compete with the available used market.(also considering A7's aren't manufactured anymore) Realistically, a lot of the people who are in the market for pro monitors in this price range probably do research online, and eventually they'll end up reading one of the many reviews that are already out there. And with the rise of internet communities and advertisment, I think the lack of a big retailer can be negligable.

I've already read a number of people that reported replacing their Adam A7(X)'s with the D5's, and I personally prefer them to what I've heard of Adam A7's for mixing because of how flat and revealing they are.