Erik Tiwaz has parted ways with Borknagar

Drummer Dave Kinkade

I'm in the band
Nov 8, 2008
All over
www.myspace.com
Erik Tiwaz(aka Tyr) part ways with BORKNAGAR.

Erik Tiwaz(aka Tyr) has decided to leave the BORKNAGAR fold, due to general disagreements. The split happened in a friendly manner and with mutual respect.
The band wants to wish him the best of luck for future endeavours!

More news- in way more positive terms- will follow soon!​

sad to hear this :( glad at least I got to see them live with him.
Let's hope he will still be around these forums.

Damn! Borknagar looked like a band again with 6 full-time members, a very good new album, even plans for more live activity then this comes.
I do hope for a more detailed explanation, but on the other hand, what's there to explain about such a situation?
Any replacements? Or the position is still open?

Come to think of it, they should get Simen play the bass again and have two great vocalists in the same band. Now that would be something...
I mean this is soooo obvious, I'd bet some money on this :)

Erik will be missed, he's really talented. I hope the next bassist would be someone of his caliber (and hopefully a fretless player).

Come to think of it, they should get Simen play the bass again and have two great vocalists in the same band. Now that would be something...
I mean this is soooo obvious, I'd bet some money on this :)

I don't think that's gonna happen, but for the ones who believe on that chance, this situation is pretty similar to Dimmu when Nagash left the band and Simen did guest vocals for SBD. I can't see Vortex doing backing vocals. As I wrote on the Vintersorg forum, that would be really weird, specially live (Andreas doing the lead vocals and Simen backing up the songs where he originally did the leads?)

He should do what's best for him, just keep playing music man!

Next bass they should get King ov hell, Vortex, or Necrobutcher lol. Steve D is an interesting suggestion but I doubt he'd join the group.

Yeah I know but he's a fantastic bassist, hey dave, talk to Steve! ): He made wonderful and brutal basslines in vintersorg's albums, also, who made the Oden domain/Archaic... basslines? the basslines in these albums are pretty good, but after tiwaz borknagar is synonymous of fretless bass, soooooo STEVE DIGIORGIO :lol:

That's too bad to hear. Those fucking basses were epic, would have loved to see them live. And :lol: already starts with "VORTEX PLAYS BASS, BRING HIM BACK!"

Sad to say guys but Vortex hasn't really done anything to my knowledge and if he is working on stuff behind the scenes, he's doing a bad job of promoting it. :( If nothing is out by him in the Fall I am officially giving up.

Anyways, wish you the best Erik, you were always a cool guy on here and I hope you stick around. Good luck in the future.