Erik Tiwaz has parted ways with Borknagar

That's too bad to hear. Those fucking basses were epic, would have loved to see them live. And :lol: already starts with "VORTEX PLAYS BASS, BRING HIM BACK!"

Sad to say guys but Vortex hasn't really done anything to my knowledge and if he is working on stuff behind the scenes, he's doing a bad job of promoting it. :( If nothing is out by him in the Fall I am officially giving up.

Anyways, wish you the best Erik, you were always a cool guy on here and I hope you stick around. Good luck in the future.

Yeah, the basses were incredibly nice, as if Odin himself had made them.

I would still give Vortex a chance, I'm sure he's working on lots of stuff.

Good idea, actually he would be a very good solution, too. I like his playing and technique as well. Bork even used one of his basses on Epic, so there IS a connection (not forgetting Asgeir) :)

Yeah, Lars Nordberg would be an excellent choice (as Allfader said). He's not very active right now, is he?

Hail Tyr. Hope he still posts in these parts, he's always welcome among his people!

Glad to know it was amicable, as it was with Vortex. We all know Simen eventually came back to make music with Borky, so maybe we'll see Erik again with the band in the future, even if just for a track or two!

Wish you all the best Erik. Your work with Borknagar was amazing!:)

Sad to say guys but Vortex hasn't really done anything to my knowledge and if he is working on stuff behind the scenes, he's doing a bad job of promoting it. :( If nothing is out by him in the Fall I am officially giving up.

You should never give up mate...hold on and always have faith!;):)

Oh and the best for Erik! Hope I can get to hear your excellent bass-playing and basses sometime soon!

Question:

Who will be the moderator now? Without Tyr's banning/warnings, the forum will get out of control!!! Hehe. (I can be the mod if the band wants.)

Anyway, I think a new bassist wouldn't appear unless the band will do some live shows, since I think a new record won't come on at least 2 years. Hope the new bassist (if there will be one) be as talented and creative as Erik.

I liked the Asgeir's bass work on Epic but I don't know if he composed the basslines of 'twas made my Erik before the left the band.