ESP news

Screw em' all! I'm sick of getting guitars through dealershits!
I just ordered a custom made Carvin DC127, CUSTOM MADE in America to my specs! All for under $800!

I got to choose all of the woods, fret size, finish, (tung oil on neck), pickups (Carvin made, but still competetive, just ask Allan Holdsworth), everything the way I want it. Here is the run down.

DC127
Swamp Ash Body w/ maple neck
Classic white finish (body and headstock)
Reverse Headstock
Tung oil neck finish
Black hardware
Ebony fingerboard / standard dots
M22SD (bridge)
H22N (neck)
Pickups black and white coils, with black bezel
FT6 fixed bridge
Straplocks
Jumbo Frets

It's gonna kick the crap out of my LTD Deluxe M-1000. What a rip-off that thing was. I'm sorry but that Korean Samick factory has shit for QC standards!
Those ESP standard series (Made in Japan) are going to be real nice! I really wish I would have bought an ESP standard and not an LTD Deluxe. On the Other hand, my friend got an LTD Viper 301 and he loves it. He says it is flawless, well mine is flaw-ful if there is such a word. The damn tone pot broke in a week. Fucking mass produced shitpile! Oh and the binding is cracked in more than one spot, the frets are lifting, and the bridge saddles aren't even close to matching the fingerboard radius. But Floyd takes part of the blame on that one. I'm done with Floyd, and I am definitely DONE with Korean imports.

the_satanic_rabbit said:
It's gonna kick the crap out of my LTD Deluxe M-1000. What a rip-off that thing was. I'm sorry but that Korean Samick factory has shit for QC standards!
Those ESP standard series (Made in Japan) are going to be real nice! I really wish I would have bought an ESP standard and not an LTD Deluxe. On the Other hand, my friend got an LTD Viper 301 and he loves it. He says it is flawless, well mine is flaw-ful if there is such a word. The damn tone pot broke in a week. Fucking mass produced shitpile! Oh and the binding is cracked in more than one spot, the frets are lifting, and the bridge saddles aren't even close to matching the fingerboard radius. But Floyd takes part of the blame on that one. I'm done with Floyd, and I am definitely DONE with Korean imports.

Yeah, you're pretty much takin a gamble when you buy Korean guitars (from any maker, not just ESP). ESP standard series guitars come from the same place their custom shop guitars come from, so they're basically the same quality as if you were to get a custom. Carvin's are nice and high quality, but I don't like the fact that I can't try one out before I buy it since its all mailorder.

Yngvai X said:
Yeah, you're pretty much takin a gamble when you buy Korean guitars (from any maker, not just ESP). ESP standard series guitars come from the same place their custom shop guitars come from, so they're basically the same quality as if you were to get a custom. Carvin's are nice and high quality, but I don't like the fact that I can't try one out before I buy it since its all mailorder.

Yeah, I am taking a chance, and I took a chance with the M-1000 by ordering from music123.com, but I don't think it's their fault that the guitar is sub-standard quality. They shipped it quick, still in the factory box.

Anyway, with Carvin, I will have 10 days (not much, but still something) to send it back for a full-refund (I pay shipping), and I also get a 5-year warranty. It's a good deal. I will still probably lust after the new ESP Standard series' though!

I'll let everyone know the deal in 6-8 weeks!
:D

I've got two ibanezes and i'm happy with them. The RG-7 series is way beyond the the SClasic series.

But satanic rabit, give me a link to where you got that good deal, please?

I've tried the Hammett model. I don't like it that much. You're better off goin for the standard M-II.

I can't afford it. I just forked out two grand for my dream guitar (Fender Stratocaster). Though at some some stage I'd like to pick up another cheap ibanez/jackson/ESP 24 fret H/H floyd guitar for drop D tuning and other experimentation. Anyone selling?

I'd really like to try out that ESP custom strat, the model which Greg Howe plays (it's also on the cover of Hyperacuity); it's a shame they don't carry that model in German guitar stores.

Zax666 said:
To Mr. Shred-ididle - I gave him the adress, http://www.carvin.com
The Satanic Rabbit - If I were you I'd get the Rounded Body Sides option as well.

Yes shred, that's the link...
Most of the base prices are $650, but then you can pile a lot of stuff on it for pretty cheap. The bolt models are a bit lower in price.

and Zax666, I DID get the Rounded Body Sides! There were a couple things I forgot to mention, like that and the String Savers.

Avathar said:
Jackson Guitars Are Better Than Ibanez And Esp Put Together!!!
Jackson All The Way!

I'm getting rid of my Jackson...it's nothing compared to it's sister...Charvel!

I sold my Charvel Predator :(

I will keep my Charvel Fusion Special forever!

My Jackson Kelly is going bye-bye though...

and I think...the LTD M-1000 may go bye-bye as well

Avathar said:
the what will you be getting instead of your JACKSON??? i hope it's a veeeeery good guitar man....

My Charvel Fusion Special, which no doubt cost less money than my JACKSON, smokes it to death...in fact every guitar I own smokes it, both in sound, and playability. It is being sold. I'm getting the custom made Carvin that I mentioned and I expect IT to smoke everything I own...if it doesn't I will send it back.

Calling anything anyone's bitch is considered bad taste.

Plus if CBS insist that Jackson should cut costs, there's a 95% chance that Grover buys his company back.

Ken Parker did that with KORG some time ago.

Zax666 said:
Calling anything anyone's bitch is considered bad taste.

Plus if CBS insist that Jackson should cut costs, there's a 95% chance that Grover buys his company back.

Ken Parker did that with KORG some time ago.

CBS hasn't owned Fender for a LOOOOONG time ( think they sold the company in the early-mid 80s).