Europe

Celtik Militia said:
i know i could just look in an encyclopedia and repeat whats written to sound intelligent and cultured, but thats not what i'm gonna do. :D ask Belgar

hey, i don't repeat what i see in encyclopedias. I reply to subjects I know a little something about. If I don't reply it is because I would add nothing to the flow. But yeah, I am fond of euro history, ancient empires and warfare.

Belgar said:
hey, i don't repeat what i see in encyclopedias. I reply to subjects I know a little something about. If I don't reply it is because I would add nothing to the flow. But yeah, I am fond of euro history, ancient empires and warfare.

oh lol no i didnt mean that you checked all the time in the encyclopedia, i meant that you might know who that dude with a chinese name is. :p

Celtik Militia said:
i'm not a good example of a common frenchman, being totally different politically and mentally than to my fellow blood brothers.
mmh i dont believe we had a really terrible communist catastrophe, we just have tons of pseudo communists running around in the streets but their political score is nevertheless under 2%. at a time, the political score o the commies was high to 16-20% and the nationalist party was down to 2%, but today, the scores have switched sides.
a nasty communist action i can think of in french history is that the communists during WW2 only started being resistants when hitler attacked russia, before that they actually tried to sabotage the "ligne maginot" (which was the defence line of bunkers on the french/german fronteer) to help the germans conquer france because germany was allied to the USSR.. but this information isnt told everywhere. but this goes to show that glorifying them as heroes of the resistance angainst germany is hypocritical, and they use that status of heroes we give them, although they are only traitors and didnt fight for france, but for big comunist russia.

thanks a lot man.

I'd move to belgium, sweden, norway or finland if I were you. the beer in belgium is the best (believe me, I live there and I'm a pseudo-alcoholic.) and the metal bands in scandinavia are the best. I'm going to try to go overthere this year, visit some historic viking places, Euronymous' place and some undeground gigs.

if all the tales I've heard are true, that is.

@TheLastWithPaganBlood : really? its possible, well its kinda like in europe, we're scared of terrorists so its the same in israel, they probably can only trust jews which is normal. all i know is that if you are jewish, you can ask for the nationality and get it quite easilly.

Well, I dont think sweden is to scared of terrorism... or Germany for that matter. Our governments are fighting for "Swedes" who are in Guantanamo bay, and so is the UK. (ofcourse there are no swedes in that place, only swedish passport owners. Then they get to fly privater jets home, and the reason that they decided to 'study' in Afghanistan during the Taliban regime is never questioned etc.) I dont know where I'm getting...

Hedmund said:
I'd move to belgium, sweden, norway or finland if I were you. the beer in belgium is the best (believe me, I live there and I'm a pseudo-alcoholic.) and the metal bands in scandinavia are the best. I'm going to try to go overthere this year, visit some historic viking places, Euronymous' place and some undeground gigs.

De Kastelein pub :D

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
Isnt it like überhard to be allowed to live there unless youre jewish?

To live here you can no matter who you are. To have citizenship is a different story. It's stupid, but it's the religious status quo between religion and law. Unless you REALLY want to know, I'll spare you/

I am German and my wife is Canadian. If you want to move to Germany or Austria, you better speak very good German beforehand, if you want to stand any chance of finding a job. And that (an official one) only once you have gone through the whole immigration thing. And all over Europe borders are getting tighter and tighter for immigration, wherever you are from.

Unless you are self-employed (which you need a lot of money for), you need to find a job, then go to the employment exchange and they will check the labour market. If they find one German/Austrian, who could do your job, you won't get the work permit. And unless you find work or marry someone, you are only allowed to stay for three months, then you need to go through all the immigration. And even if you marry a German, you will still need to apply for a work permit as described above. As for citizenship, at first you get a temporary visa for three years, then another one for five years. After that you could apply for citizenship, not before.

And living one or two months with 1000$? As somebody else had said, give me that guy's number, he must have some magic formula! Depending on where you are, that can be just the rent for a month, plus utilities and you have not "lived" at all yet, meaning groceries incorporated...

Last year we moved to Canada, because I lost my job and could not find a new job (and I am from the IT branch), for my wife it was almost impossible, because she did not speak fluent German. Here (in Canada) the job situation is a LOT better, the cost for living is a LOT lower as well. For cost of living, it is always so hilarious to see Americans complain about the gas prices being too high. One gallon of gas costs roundabout 6 US$ in Germany, just as an example...

So if I was you, I would think twice about moving to Europe and do a LOT of research before doing so. Make a trip there and see for yourself before moving. If you have any questions about living in Germany, for example, let me know, I have 30 years of experience there...

The Weaver of Dreams said:
I am German and my wife is Canadian. If you want to move to Germany or Austria, you better speak very good German beforehand, if you want to stand any chance of finding a job. And that (an official one) only once you have gone through the whole immigration thing. And all over Europe borders are getting tighter and tighter for immigration, wherever you are from.

Unless you are self-employed (which you need a lot of money for), you need to find a job, then go to the employment exchange and they will check the labour market. If they find one German/Austrian, who could do your job, you won't get the work permit. And unless you find work or marry someone, you are only allowed to stay for three months, then you need to go through all the immigration. And even if you marry a German, you will still need to apply for a work permit as described above. As for citizenship, at first you get a temporary visa for three years, then another one for five years. After that you could apply for citizenship, not before.

And living one or two months with 1000$? As somebody else had said, give me that guy's number, he must have some magic formula! Depending on where you are, that can be just the rent for a month, plus utilities and you have not "lived" at all yet, meaning groceries incorporated...

Last year we moved to Canada, because I lost my job and could not find a new job (and I am from the IT branch), for my wife it was almost impossible, because she did not speak fluent German. Here (in Canada) the job situation is a LOT better, the cost for living is a LOT lower as well. For cost of living, it is always so hilarious to see Americans complain about the gas prices being too high. One gallon of gas costs roundabout 6 US$ in Germany, just as an example...

So if I was you, I would think twice about moving to Europe and do a LOT of research before doing so. Make a trip there and see for yourself before moving. If you have any questions about living in Germany, for example, let me know, I have 30 years of experience there...

I recently moved to Ontario and tho it's possible I'll have to move to Vancouver or Victoria instead, I hardly doubt I'll ever return to Europe. Besides I live work and fucking breathe here in Canada and I can't walk away from anything. As far as Europe goes, well, it's sooo overrated you know :)

Patric said:
I recently moved to Ontario and tho it's possible I'll have to move to Vancouver or Victoria instead, I hardly doubt I'll ever return to Europe. Besides I live work and fucking breathe here in Canada and I can't walk away from anything. As far as Europe goes, well, it's sooo overrated you know :)

Where are you originally from?