EUROPEAN DATES CANCELED

emtfhII

POTSHOT APOCRYPHA
Aug 22, 2003
Fuglafjørður
The members of Anthrax regretfully announce that the first three shows of their European tour scheduled to begin tomorrow/Saturday, July 18** are canceled. Yesterday, lead singer Dan Nelson unexpectedly informed the band that he was seriously ill and unable to travel or perform at this time. Options for the balance of Anthrax's European tour dates are being addressed posthaste. The members of Anthrax are devastated by this unfortunate turn of events and ask all of their fans to join them in wishing Dan the speediest of recoveries.

Saturday, July 18 - Sonisphere, Hultsfred, Sweden
Sunday, July 19 - Vega Jr., Copenhagen, Denmark
Monday, July 20 – Columbia Club, Berlin, Germany

And let the conspiracy theories begin....Is Dan really sick, or did that fight between Frankie and Scott really happen?

I wonder what's wrong with Dan? Especially since he's the youngest and healthiest looking of the bunch. Maybe it's that mysterious "Bus Lung" that Scott's talked about in the past...

Why am I seriously concerned here? On Dan's Twitter page he's changed his name from DanNAnthrax to DanNelson76, and his last post is "Dan Nelson is done". Now there's the cancelled shows.

I really hope I'm not being stupid and paranoid.

PEOPLE GET SICK, except when we do we don't have to sing in front of thousands of people, we just call in and no big deal. He'll get better and the machine will roll on.

This looks bleak.

Hopefully if this is what it looks like it could be, they manage to talk John Bush into rejoining the fold and re-record the vocals at the last minute on the album.

Yeah this doesn't look good for Anthrax.

The only alternate theory I can think of would be that maybe he checked himself into rehab and the "is done" comment was referring to being done with drinking, rather than being done with Anthrax?

But that doesn't explain why he deleted his DanNAnthrax account after posting "is done."