EUROPEAN DATES CANCELED

They might as well have Bush re-record the vocals on Worship Music and release it as a farewell record (and proper followup to WCFYA, which is what the fans wanted to begin with before all of this reunion bullshit) if he won't come back permanently, and make August 1st a farewell show.

They might as well have Bush re-record the vocals on Worship Music and release it as a farewell record (and proper followup to WCFYA, which is what the fans wanted to begin with before all of this reunion bullshit) if he won't come back permanently, and make August 1st a farewell show.

07.21.09 | OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM ANTHRAX
As announced last week, thrash legends ANTHRAX regretfully cancelled the first three dates on the second leg of their European tour due to new vocalist Dan Nelson's unexpected illness. An additional seven European dates are also cancelled, those scheduled from July 22 to July 30. Anthrax is thrilled to announce that they will play the August 1 Sonisphere festival in Knebworth, England, with their good friend John Bush joining them for a very special one off performance.

The members of Anthrax have confirmed the departure of vocalist Dan Nelson. In light of this development, Anthrax's slot on the U.S. Slipknot dates set for August and September, has also been cancelled. Anthrax is already actively considering lead singer candidates, and look forward to hitting the road before the end of the year.

ANTHRAX's manager, Izvor Zivkovic of Split Media, has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"As announced last week, thrash legends ANTHRAX regretfully cancelled the first three dates on the second leg of their European tour due to new vocalist Dan Nelson's unexpected illness. An additional seven European dates are also cancelled, those scheduled from July 22 to July 30.

"ANTHRAX is thrilled to announce that they will play the August 1 Sonisphere festival in Knebworth, England, with their good friend John Bush [ANTHRAX's singer from 1992 to 2005] joining them for a very special one-off performance.

"The members of ANTHRAX have confirmed the departure of vocalist Dan Nelson. In light of this development, ANTHRAX's slot on the U.S. SLIPKNOT dates set for August and September, has also been cancelled. ANTHRAX is already actively considering lead singer candidates, and looks forward to hitting the road before the end of the year."

ANTHRAX's new album, "Worship Music", will be released in Europe on October 23 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD, which was mixed at a New Orleans studio by Dave Fortman (a former member of UGLY KID JOE who has also worked with artists such as MUDVAYNE, EVANESCENCE), is the band's first studio effort in six years.

Looks Like (To me) Like they are still going to release "Worship Music" with Dan on Vocals..

Maybe they are inclined to do so under a contract of some sort?

I know I am going to get attacked for "Speculation" but Im sure they put in a hell of a lot of work and besides - IT'S MIXED Already..

But you never know..

How the fuck can they still release the album? If they couldn't sell any copies of albums like Stopm 442 and Vol. 8 (excellent albums too) with Bush in the band, how the hell do they expect anyone to give a flying fuck about an album done with some guy no one cared about even when he was in the band, never mind now?!

If they can't persuade Bush to rejoin, they need to retire the band name. They can't carry on as "Anthrax" with some OTHER new guy, it's just beyond a joke.

I had no interest whatsoever in hearing "Worship Music" cos I don't like how members of the band have been treated over the years, and all the shit Scott and Charlie have talked about those members, BUT if Bush was to redo the vocals I'd buy it. Hell, I've bought every other album.

I know I've been posting sarcastic and negative comments on here since Bush left, but Anthrax are still one of the greatest bands in the world to me and will always be the best of thrash's Big Four. I just wish Scott and Charlie would get their fucking act together.

How the fuck can they still release the album? If they couldn't sell any copies of albums like Stopm 442 and Vol. 8 (excellent albums too) with Bush in the band, how the hell do they expect anyone to give a flying fuck about an album done with some guy no one cared about even when he was in the band, never mind now?!

If they can't persuade Bush to rejoin, they need to retire the band name. They can't carry on as "Anthrax" with some OTHER new guy, it's just beyond a joke.

I had no interest whatsoever in hearing "Worship Music" cos I don't like how members of the band have been treated over the years, and all the shit Scott and Charlie have talked about those members, BUT if Bush was to redo the vocals I'd buy it. Hell, I've bought every other album.

I know I've been posting sarcastic and negative comments on here since Bush left, but Anthrax are still one of the greatest bands in the world to me and will always be the best of thrash's Big Four. I just wish Scott and Charlie would get their fucking act together.

'Nuff Said. you can't top this comment or even refute it.:headbang:

Blabbermouth updated their post:

***UPDATE: According to ANTHRAX's management, the band's new album, "Worship Music", which was previously due in Europe on October 23 via Nuclear Blast Records, will now be "pushed back to a later date." It is not presently clear if Dan Nelson's tracks will be erased from the CD, which was recently mixed at a New Orleans studio by Dave Fortman (a former member of UGLY KID JOE who has also worked with artists such as MUDVAYNE, EVANESCENCE).***

Blabbermouth updated their post:

***UPDATE: According to ANTHRAX's management, the band's new album, "Worship Music", which was previously due in Europe on October 23 via Nuclear Blast Records, will now be "pushed back to a later date." It is not presently clear if Dan Nelson's tracks will be erased from the CD, which was recently mixed at a New Orleans studio by Dave Fortman (a former member of UGLY KID JOE who has also worked with artists such as MUDVAYNE, EVANESCENCE).***

They will re-record the voice with another singer and I can only assume that John will not do it unless they pay him a lot of dough.

What goes around always comes around,
always comes around

I guess I'm the only one around here that found Dan Nelson in Anthrax to be a bad choice. His vocals werent as good as Bush or early Belladonna and his stage presence was less than stellar...a cross between Fred Durst and Pantera Phil...No thanks.

Maybe John Bush could take a page from the Bruce Dickinson handbook...rejoin Anthrax and see what happens.

The difference is only Dickinson never fired 'cause Di'Anno tour.
I was organized our Prague trip (from Budapest)... Pospone.
...and I came together a t-shirt with the new double 'A's square position, 'Dan Nelson 01' on the back. Dumpster.

If the vocals are re-recorded they need to change the title of "Fight Em Till You Can't" to "Poop On Em Till You Can't" in honor of the hilarious yet unconfirmed rumor regarding Dan's depature.