Official Statement Released

"Sound Of White Noise" came out when I was eleven, which means Anthrax has been my favorite band since 1993. I've supported everything they've done since. Though I wasn't keen on the Bellardini/Spitz reunion, I saw them twice on that tour. I accepted Dan Nelson, who really did step up to the plate.

I will continue to support every decision Anthrax makes because they have the ability to move me emotionally like no one has been able to. Musically or otherwise. I've even told my loved ones that in the event of my untimely demise, to play "Black Lodge" at my funeral. Until that day, they will have my unconditional devotion.

If I spoke of the ladies as I do my favorite bands, I'd probably have a bit more luck! Regardless, they'll always have at least one fan in Milwaukee.

Are they really "cursed" or "jinxed" if it's all self-inflicted?

I'm in if Bush is.

IMO its mostly self inflicted. Look at the judgment errors they have made during their career

Firing Joey during their prime sales period/firing him when they signed to a major label

Radically changing their focus/sound so many times--one moment we're not a thrash band/we're not a metal band-more hard rock/we're a thrash band again

Almost forcing Bush to resign because of the re-union tour--nothing makes a guy feel more welcome than inviting your ex-singer (and the one that had more success with them financially

Don't get me wrong, I love Anthrax and have been a fan of them since I first saw the Indians video on Headbangers Ball with Adam Curry, but they have made some huge errors in judgement IMO. They had the potential to be as big as Metallica (to a degree)

"Sound Of White Noise" came out when I was eleven, which means Anthrax has been my favorite band since 1993. I've supported everything they've done since. Though I wasn't keen on the Bellardini/Spitz reunion, I saw them twice on that tour. I accepted Dan Nelson, who really did step up to the plate.

I will continue to support every decision Anthrax makes because they have the ability to move me emotionally like no one has been able to. Musically or otherwise. I've even told my loved ones that in the event of my untimely demise, to play "Black Lodge" at my funeral. Until that day, they will have my unconditional devotion.

If I spoke of the ladies as I do my favorite bands, I'd probably have a bit more luck! Regardless, they'll always have at least one fan in Milwaukee.

Cheers to you, Descendent!! You're the kind of fan I'm talking about... you never let that emotional bond to the band that takes you back to your youth burn out on you!

the only possible way this can be good if bush agrees to record vocals and do 1 more tour with anthrax,other than that the fans get fucked over again!

Thank you, Mr. Ace! One thing I'm sure we can all agree on is that it's great to see the N.F.M.B. back in full-swing! I haven't seen the board this this ape-tits since the reunion!

"Worship Music" doesn't HAVE to be redubbed with a new vocalist, surely?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to hear a new album with John Bush at the mic, but just because the album won't be toured with Dan, doesn't detract from how good or bad the album is. An album exists in isolation. If Dan had been a guest vocalist, a permanent member for the next twenty years, or if he had dropped dead the second his vocal tracks were completed, the songs wouldn't be any better or worse.

It's annoying as a fan to have an album coming out with a singer that has now left the band, but if the album is as shit hot as the band as saying, release it as it is damnit! :headbang:

This truly does suck.

It has to be the freakin name. No other band is jinxed in this way.

It would almost be better, for no other reason than for karma, to release the new cd with whom ever sings on it as the first cd under a new band name.:ill:o_O

no other band is jinxed in this way? surely you have heard of lynyrd skynyrd who have a much worse history than anthrax

WTF!!! Was a huge fan starting with John Bush.
Saw a last show with John at the ROCK HARD Festival in Germany 2003 - damn good show.
But all I heard of the last years was a lot of crap!!!

Despite all this I thought the guys will make it again with Dan after seeing them in Twistringen at the Reload Festival on 04.07.09.
Enjoyed the show with all the crowd around!!!
After the show I just needed to buy an Anthrax shirt and looked forward buying the new CD in Oktober.....

Now...like to sell the shirt...won´t buy a new CD!!!

Just have to say this: YOU guys killed all I had in mind with Anthrax - whats up with you???
You should be old enough to be grown up now - but it seems we can´t see anything like that.

For me I just don´t know the thruth like anybody here but - Frank, Scott, Charlie and Rob you´ve just lost my respect after all.

That´s it!

No hug needed thanks very much. No hate or disappointment to purge either.

Any more pearls of wisdom before I call it a night?

Now that we have Dan's official statement I took me less than 24 hours to confirm the rumors, I was right on target. sorry to get u all stressed out when I was right all along.:cry:

No disrespect guys but I wouldn't want to hear a new CD from a band whose singer isn't even in the band anymore. Especially an unknown like Nelson.
Get Bush in there and pretend none of this shit ever even happened!
And for the love of God play Poison My Eyes live!