Official Statement Released

Being a hardcore Bush-era fan, I just want to shout out a huge "fuck yeah" to his return in Anthrax. But deep down inside, there's still a lil' something in me that is hoping he tells them to go fuck themselves (again...). Unless the band makes an official statement about how they begged him to come back...

He opted not to take part in the reunion tour. If you watched or read any of his interviews, you'd understand that he did opt out and handled the situation like an adult without telling them to fuck off.

Johnny Ace and Catharsis70, thanks! =)

What will happen in Knebworth feels at the moment almost as important as the days before I saw Anthrax live. which is the only time so far (Sweden Rock Festival 2003, 5/5!). I have got this feeling that it is the start of something new. and better. at least it will be the departure of something old. like when you go on a date with the best looking girl in school. future looks bright and you've got all the happiest thoughts in the world inside you. like as if life suddenly changed in the best way possible when she said she wanted to go on the date.

If "Oooooooooooooonly..." that date would go well ...

He opted not to take part in the reunion tour. If you watched or read any of his interviews, you'd understand that he did opt out and handled the situation like an adult without telling them to fuck off.

What about after they kicked Joey out (again) and asked Bush to come back? He might not have literally told them to "fuck off" but he might as well have.

Blah, I cannot take it with this band anymore.. You cannot please everyone but I have never been a fan of Bushthrax.. I was pumped to hear a new album and a headlining show with Joey and it didn't happen.. Then this Dan Nelson guy seemed really good and I was excited about the next chapter.. Now its back to Bush.. Blahhhhh....

I have a booking agent friend in brooklyn who said Anthrax have been talking to some guy that was in a band called Dead Child.I don't know much about them,what I have heard by them is pretty cool.I remember the vocals made me think of old Anthrax...so it might work

Dead Child is kind of a stoner metal deal arent they? Though I heard a song or two somewhere along the line. At any rate Im not looking into it, not reading into it.... just waitin to see what the next incarnation will be.

Dead Child is kind of a stoner metal deal arent they? Though I heard a song or two somewhere along the line. At any rate Im not looking into it, not reading into it.... just waitin to see what the next incarnation will be.

That's what they sound like to me. I think they sound a bit like newer Everytime I Die, but not as good. Just my opinion.

Blah, I cannot take it with this band anymore.. You cannot please everyone but I have never been a fan of Bushthrax.. I was pumped to hear a new album and a headlining show with Joey and it didn't happen.. Then this Dan Nelson guy seemed really good and I was excited about the next chapter.. Now its back to Bush.. Blahhhhh....
We know what you think.

treehouse-of-horror-iii2.jpg

"Worship Music" doesn't HAVE to be redubbed with a new vocalist, surely?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to hear a new album with John Bush at the mic, but just because the album won't be toured with Dan, doesn't detract from how good or bad the album is. An album exists in isolation. If Dan had been a guest vocalist, a permanent member for the next twenty years, or if he had dropped dead the second his vocal tracks were completed, the songs wouldn't be any better or worse.

It's annoying as a fan to have an album coming out with a singer that has now left the band, but if the album is as shit hot as the band as saying, release it as it is damnit! :headbang:

Ive been looking through this forum, and decided to register just to say a few things!

1. im a huge anthrax fan, they were the second rock/metal band i ever heard of!
2. i was looking forward to the album coming out
3. as a lot of people keep saying, they want this album to come out just to hear the dan nelson era(ish) but anthrax want to move the date again and redo the vocals! here are a few solutions;

a) release the album on time and dont do a tour
b) release the album with new vocals, as a 2 disk album with a second dan nelson disk
c) get dan nelson back
d) get one of the current memebers of the band to double up and do vocals too, the other 3 of the big 4 do it, why not anthrax? that way they could do a tour, release the double cd album idea, and everyone would be perfectly happy!

now, i was going to ask you guys to spam the forum until you get a result, but that would be retarded, so heres my view!