imgp7301ijfr1024ss1.jpg

imgp7314ijfr1024jn0.jpg

imgp7315ijfr1024rd5.jpg

imgp7331ijfr1024zg5.jpg

imgp7333ijfr1024kj2.jpg

imgp7344ijfr1024qq4.jpg

imgp7379ijfr1024zt7.jpg

Btw, could someone help me.

How do you pronounce "Hessian Peel", I'd like to shout it at the show (if I get to go there...)

(in finnish:)

Onko se niinkuin "hessaijan piil" tai jotain? Vai olisiko "hessian piil" parempi...?

@ Progvan: Thanks for the pics from Hamburg!

Cynic were orgiastic... beyond words! And Opeth great, too. ;)

I'm glad I caught my consciousness seconds before Cynic went on. Damn...

Yeah, one of these heads belongs to me. :lol:

The girl I was with dragged me to the 3rd or 4th row. Veeery good times! Your pics just brought back some pleasant memories... haha... ;)

But damn, I was wasted! I've no idea if I've actually seen The Ocean...

hahahaha.. so well hmm The Ocean? what's that?.. we were in the door waiting for them to finish, we wanted to see and hear good music.. :headbang: :lol:

I don't dispute your point, although I will say that Opeth in London a few weeks ago were simply brilliant. Cynic were good, but Opeth ruled..and I think most people who were there might agree.

With regards to the set list, I've been thinking about this and I think part of the problem is simply too much information...in the "old" days, we had no idea what a bands set list might be, unless you happened to know someone who saw them on a different night...or read a review in the WEEKLY music news..who never told you the whole set list anyway!..

It seems to me that the "surprise" element has been taken away now, and that was a big part of the fun of going to gigs...what are they going to start with?...how many new songs?..wonder if they'll do my favourite?..etc,etc.

The sheer adrenalin of hearing each song as it started, especially if the singer didn't announce it was just fantastic..that way, you could just enjoy the moment, or, not, if it sucked!...rather than thinking "oh, it'll be "Deliverance" next, I've heard it a million times.."...even if the version of "Deliverance" that was played was the BEST version ever, some of the joy would have been reduced just by your pre-conceived view of the song.

Actually, for me, what made the London gig astonishing, was that despite knowing the exact likely set-list, every song crushed...

In future though, I think I'm going to avoid finding out what the set list is and just try and enjoy whatever happens..

That's why I didn't read this thread until today, after the show.

This was my second time seeing a show at Debaser Medis and it's too crowded and hard to get a good view. I hope the show in Linköping in February will be better in that respect. Plus the setlist will be different.

hahahaha.. so well hmm The Ocean? what's that?.. we were in the door waiting for them to finish, we wanted to see and hear good music.. :headbang: :lol:

I know you're there to see Opeth, but it's kind of narrow-minded not going into see the openers if you've payed to see them. Provided you haven't already heard them and don't like them. I'd only listened to Precambrian before the show and thought it was all-right, but they put on one hell of a show for an opener. I got Aeolian right after and I'm seeing them again when they come back with their own tour.

I'd love to hear them with a bigger line-up.

On the other hand, there were some people at the Gothenburg show who came just for Cynic and then left screaming "Opeth sucks!" :p

All in all I was completely satisfied, it was very much like sex of the good variety. Ocean was foreplay, Cynic was steamy and Opeth was orgasmic ;)

the ocean blow.

Insightful analysis there, mate ;)

I might need to clarify though. What I meant was simply that if you haven't already got an opinion on the openers, dismissing them without getting in there and actually giving them an open-minded chance would be doing both them and yourself a disservice.

That's why I didn't read this thread until today, after the show.

This was my second time seeing a show at Debaser Medis and it's too crowded and hard to get a good view. I hope the show in Linköping in February will be better in that respect. Plus the setlist will be different.

really? :eek: i thought it was pretty "luftigt". i was headbanging so much people would give me the space i needed. :headbang:

Le_Shrike: we listened to them (The Ocean)... we simply didn´t like them... my husband didn´t like Cynic that much.. I loved them.. that´s all... just a matter of tastes.. and its pretty obvious that behind my nickname there´s a person who likes, digs, and loves Progressive music (indeed few death metal bands that I can listen to, being Opeth my fave of course)... just enjoy and don´t make judgements before knowing the facts.. prog on!