European tour with Slipknot

Oh yeah! It's always like that! The annoying teenage girls are at the front while all the big ugly metal-hungry guys are behind them. Last Tuska i was nailed to the ass on a fucking 14-year old(looked like she was that atleast)who was just leaning against the fence watching them while i was going crazy trying to get ino there and headbanging like shit. It made me pissed :lol: How is it that the people in front row often are idiots/assholes?:err:
I laughed so much to this. That's so...Argh! I think the teenage girls are in front row usually because they want to see the last band so they stay there the whole day. Idiots.
I'm sorry for 'the phenom'. I wish you would've found the same queue where i were with my friend..We got there 18.30 as well. Missed 2 songs. :erk:
I saw Alexi ripping hair out of his guitar. It was funny but normal... Just came to my mind... :rolleyes:
I couldn't believe my ears when Bodom started...It suck that they couldn't start @ 19.30...!!! PERKELE.:yow:

Yeah I hate it seeing people at the front stiff as statues just standing there watching the band with no movement, not giving the band back any energy in return, and hogging all the water the security guards are handing out! And youre standing there behind them going crazy even though you've barely room to breathe and they cant bother to move about even tho they're relatively comfortable. /rant

But srsly,that must be really boring and kinda frustrating for the band to watch when they're giving their all and the audience are showing no reaction to the music..

Anyone know if the support bands have been confirmed as Diablo and Cannibal Corpse for the headliner in Germany? I cant imagine CC opening for COB..

^I don't think Diablo and CC will open up at the 2 German headliners, as those are two special shows during their support act tour with Slipknot, not part of their European headliner, and CC and Diablo are belived to be the support for COB's headliner. I really hope it gets confirmed.

I can go to the show in Düsseldorf for free. Connections rule!!! :kickass:

Fuck you! Headliner show and for free??? Tell me where I have to sign to become you :lol:

^I don't think Diablo and CC will open up at the 2 German headliners, as those are two special shows during their support act tour with Slipknot, not part of their European headliner, and CC and Diablo are belived to be the support for COB's headliner. I really hope it gets confirmed

Oh ok thanks :) I'd love to know who'd be supporting in Germany just so I could actually know some of their songs before the gig and all..oh well might be a nice suprise.

Corny what kind of connections do you have just so Ill know how to go about forging my own!

The opener on the Hamburg and Saarbrücken shows is an Austrian band called The Sorrow.

Decent,thanks! :D Their music doesn't sound half bad really, kinda like LoG from what Ive heard..cool!

@ Corny: Ok so the moral of the story is to push all available family members into various strategic positions in music venues around the country.That was dash cunning of you,well played! lol :)

It's only the Slipknot show. :(

The aunt of my bandmate is in the organising team of the big "Phillipshalle" in Düsseldorf. She gave 4 tickets to him. :)

Aw ok. Well, still a free Bodom show, and if you leave right after them (dunno if you like MH or Slipknot) you won't feel bad cos you won't have paid 40 € for that.

Am i the only one who thinks it's fucking stupid to leave a gig after the band you came to see have played?:lol: Damn, what a waste of money! Also, you don't exactly lose anything by sticking there to see if it's any good...even if you don't like the bands! You still paid for the ticket. Not even mentioning how disrespecting it is.

Am i the only one who thinks it's fucking stupid to leave a gig after the band you came to see have played?:lol: Damn, what a waste of money! Also, you don't exactly lose anything by sticking there to see if it's any good...even if you don't like the bands! You still paid for the ticket. Not even mentioning how disrespecting it is.

Time is money.

I disagree. I remember when I went to a gig with Napalm Death and Pungent Stench and left before Marduk played because the suck so much, that my ears would explode.

Time is money.
Not literally, unless you are working which i doubt you do f.e a Saturday evening.
I disagree. I remember when I went to a gig with Napalm Death and Pungent Stench and left before Marduk played because the suck so much, that my ears would explode.

Yeah but still...i didn't like Dragonforce at all but still i dragged my ass to see them at Tuska and they were throughly entertaining.

Lol I was thinking of posting this earlier actually! I'd get my moneys worth anyway even if I wasn't overly fond of the bands.

I said that just because i find it unneccesary and even disrespectful to do like that. Well in Corny's case i can actually understand :lol: I just think when i buy a ticket for 44€ that it would be fucking stupid to leave after a 30 minute CoB set. FFS i stood out in the queue longer than that! Besides, Slipknot and Machine Head were fucking awesome. Machine Head created impressive pits and Slipknot was really good interacting with crowd and playing tight.

I agree that if you don't know the band then giving it a shot it's the least thing you can do, or if you've paid 40 € make something out of that money, but if you've already listened to the band and you don't like it I don't see the point on staying. I mean, last week I paid 20 € to see Destruction (who BTW were fucking amazing, they kick some serious ass) and there were 5 other bands. I knew 4 of them, and I only kind of like a couple of songs from one of them, so I spent that time outside drinking and hanging around with my friends. Then came in to check Metal Inquisitor out and to enjoy Destruction. Metal Inquisitor were ok. I won't download an album, but I won'd ran away from them if they come across in another gig.

But, f.e. I will NEVER EVER stand an Ektomorf show after seeing them as support act for Bodom in 2006, as well as I will never stand again a Bloodsimple show (Slayer headliner 2007), as it was the most boring thing ever. 1 hour of a band playing the same songs over and over and a singer trying to be Phil Anselmo. Not the same to be said about 3 Inches Of Blood (Exodus 08) or Biomechanical (Exodus 06, killer Painkiller cover and some nice songs) or Epica (Sonata Arctica 07) to name a few. If I don't know a band, I'll give it a shot, but if I don't like them, I won't listen to them if I have something better to do or it's not necessary because I want to take a good spot for a band that I like that is playing after them.

I must admit Slipknot were quite good live when I saw them supporting Tallica too. Except the Clown dude who just sat on his drum headbanging as opposed to playing music for most of the set.. Yeah agree with Jose if Im not trying to sneak my way to the front and dont like the music at all,I'd go and have a drink but I wouldnt leave the venue though.