European tour with Slipknot

Yea whatever the reason for not opening the doors in time, it was a MAJOR COCKUP they didn't postpone the COB concert by half an hour.

I know nothing, but according to Imperiumi message board doors were opened late because Slipknot crew was behind the schedule and bands had to play according to original schedule because they had to leave to the next country.

Am i the only one who thinks it's fucking stupid to leave a gig after the band you came to see have played?:lol: Damn, what a waste of money! Also, you don't exactly lose anything by sticking there to see if it's any good...even if you don't like the bands! You still paid for the ticket. Not even mentioning how disrespecting it is.

I never stick around if I'm not interested. But then again I wouldn't pay ~40€ just to see one opening act.

I were watching them in Helsinki!!!!:headbang:

Gig was great, even tough the whole audience was frozen... (I was only one in our auditorium who standed up whole gig...) But still, I had great time shouting and screaming my lung out!! :D
Bad thing was, that they didn't play Sixpounder or Silent Night, Bodom Night... And should have play longer! :rolleyes:

Slipknot was pretty awsome too... :)

K, im back from the gig in Oslo

Setlist: (in the right order)

Hellhounds on my trail
In your face
Hate me
Blooddrunk
Angels don't kill
Hate crew deathroll
Downfall

They were totally awesome and they played real good. Machine head were also pretty good. Slipknot sucked, so I left earlier.. It was just noise in my opinion, lots of other people liked it though

Also, both Alexi and Machine head guy said that we were better audience than the people in Finland:p

K, im back from the gig in Oslo

Setlist: (in the right order)

Hellhounds on my trail
In your face
Hate me
Blooddrunk
Angels don't kill
Hate crew deathroll
Downfall

They were totally awesome and they played real good. Machine head were also pretty good. Slipknot sucked, so I left earlier.. It was just noise in my opinion, lots of other people liked it though

Also, both Alexi and Machine head guy said that we were better audience than the people in Finland:p

I can halfly understand that. At Tampere gig the door-messup cost alot of listeners and otherwise it was just frozen too. Dunno about the Helsinki gig but i can't see how the Machine Head gig would have been improvable at all :lol: Where i was there were constant pits and really good connecting too. Just a bit lame that some people just stood there with pokerface. I would have wanted to just smack them hard!!!

My friend called me during the gig today in Oslo.

"YOO ENSI, WHATSUP?"

*chorus riff of Hellhounds*

me: "WHAT?"

*YAYAWOYAOWYAOWYOW*

*hangs up*

I'll try to get an extensive review of the Finnish shows with photos up on Scythes tomorrow.

just read your review on SOB - great stuff, thanks a lot :kickass:

I was really impressed about the show in Helsinki. I figured it would be boring as hell but geez, they were on fire and tighter than in ages..

couldn't agree more - they gave it everything! If the headline show in Hamburg is half as good, it's gonna rock :headbang:

I actually digged Downfall a lot this time. It was much more aggressive than 99% of times. The reason I've not liked it as live song is because they take it sort of with humour, but this time it was a kickass song to scream along. The gig was tight in itself.

^That was the original plan but Slipknot was busy to get moving to the next destination early so they had to spare that five minutes for sometimes more useful apparently.

Here's the transition from HCDR breakdown to Downfall. It's not very stylish but it's a good way to ensure the crowd is psyched when they start Downfall. Usually people start getting away when they play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it was me too then coz I sure thought, "wtf is this !? Not as thight as peeps on here has been saying???" Prolly was the sound that was crap and had a hard time to follow...