European tour with Slipknot

Yeah it was Smile pretty :) Think I saw you there InnueDO..saw someone who looked a bit familiar anyway while we were queueing..brown hair,black tee with white bodom writing on it..?

Really wierd that the ESP signing in Hamburg wasn't posted up on the site at all..

Cool pics Sleeper,thanx :)

Okay some short information from hamburg:
- alexi ran backstage and stopped playing during hate me solo and hate me chorus. the other band members looked really surprised and worried while he was running.

A friend of mine could see, why Alexi ran down from stage. He said, that he had to throw up. because it was to hot in the hall, I think...
At all it was my first gig of the band it was fuckin' great- I'm going to see them in Munich in February again, some days before my eighteenth birthday. X)

Oh right, was definately someone from the forum anyway..def saw a pic of them before!

There was an esp endorsement signing session with Alexi,Roope and Henkka before the gig,I'm not sure where it actually was cos we just followed a really nice german dude who brought us back to the shop on trains and stuff and I have no idea where we actually ended up,only that the bodom guys were there :) (Fabian if you're on this forum, send me a PM,its Tina! :) ) They were in a great mood too,really nice guys :D Henkka was so friendly and smiley,Roope was really sound and funny as usual,and Alexi recognised us from earlier and was really nice and happy to take pics and chat for a bit. We wouldnt have even known about it at all only that Alexi told us at the tour bus that he couldn't wait long cos they had to go do a signing..so we followed them there. We so nearly missed that,there should really have been a notice up on this homepage..

Would have def let you know Sleeper only I didnt have your no, :(

I'll write up a full review of the day soon as I get the vids uploaded onto youtube :)

A friend of mine could see, why Alexi ran down from stage. He said, that he had to throw up. because it was to hot in the hall, I think...
At all it was my first gig of the band it was fuckin' great- I'm going to see them in Munich in February again, some days before my eighteenth birthday. X)

Puking does solve every problem in today's world it seems :lol::lol::lol:

Hi you, guys. Do you know if COB comes with Slipknot to Argentina next year???? Slipknot comes to my country, but COB's official page doesn't say nothing about the South Amerca.

See you guys.

Have no idea, but yeah it should be time they went down there. They were in Australia, so why not South America? Nice to see fans from all the way down there on here dude. Welcome around :headbang:

just read your review on SOB - great stuff, thanks a lot :kickass:

@Lari: really nice report from the gig, really looking forward to the one from the headlining show!

Thanks! :)

COB @ Markthalle, 1998 ...
Picture_1.png

I'm quite certain this is from 99 judging from the vest. Also, we have the same photo in the tour stories section on SOB in the 99 HB tour but I can't really remember how it ended up there back in 2003 so I could be wrong..

edit²: the funny thing is according to SOB hamburg 98 wasnt their first gig outside of finland. even the first in germany was in Osnabrück 10 days before hamburg.

You are reading the (incomplete) tour archive the wrong way! According to SOB the first gig abroad was 03/03/98 Rockpalats, Würzburg. Now neither me or Zarok really remembers where we got the dates for this tour.. but if you look at the tour archive this date is somehow separate from the other dates on the tour so the odds are COB never played that date or that the date is just simply wrong for one reason or another. The date will be removed from SOB soon.

If the headline show in Hamburg is half as good, it's gonna rock :headbang:

Personally I really liked it. Not only for the setlist (although they could've played more new songs, just three from Blooddrunk isn't really enough) but the band is really playing even better than they have in a while.

Here's the report I promised! I didn't have too much to say about the show itself but I'm liking the photos a lot.

Gentlemen,

whats goining wrong yesterday evening in Winterthur CH?
The "KINGS OF THE COURT" was at first and still had about 40 min. to play????

Where are the times like "Pratteln (CH) 2006" Or was it still on 2005 ? You motherfucker was the only band for the evening and youre played around 3 h!!!!! Do you remember? The best metal party i ever had.
Nearly to death !!!!!!!! Manson was still big bullshit vs. this conzert in Pratteln, which i will never forget.

Assholes! I wish i see you soon as possible in CH, because: We are all for one and one for all!!! IsnT?
Hopefully in 2009!!! So i pray to the dark souls of this country, that you will plan a stop then in Switzerland again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HATECREW alive!
HATECREW forever !

What's wrong with you dude? :lol: Obviously they played 40 min, they're opening up for two bands, they can't have a headliner set.

Oh, and that 3h show you mention I'm sure that was more like 1 and a half, cos I don't think COB have ever played a show longer than 1 and a half or 2 hours. Relax, the European headliner is already confirmed (Cannibal Corpse and Diablo as support) and the dates will pop up soon. Then you'll get a proper long COB set. Don't worry.

@Lari: Great report of the Hamburg gig, indeed great pics!

Gentlemen,

whats goining wrong yesterday evening in Winterthur CH?
The "KINGS OF THE COURT" was at first and still had about 40 min. to play????

Where are the times like "Pratteln (CH) 2006" Or was it still on 2005 ? You motherfucker was the only band for the evening and youre played around 3 h!!!!! Do you remember? The best metal party i ever had.
Nearly to death !!!!!!!! Manson was still big bullshit vs. this conzert in Pratteln, which i will never forget.

Assholes! I wish i see you soon as possible in CH, because: We are all for one and one for all!!! IsnT?
Hopefully in 2009!!! So i pray to the dark souls of this country, that you will plan a stop then in Switzerland again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HATECREW alive!
HATECREW forever !

They never ever played 3 hours in Pratteln :lol::lol::lol: They played a normal 90 minutes set in 2005 when they played Z7 during the European Tour. When I see posts like this and when I see the audience at concerts in Switzerland i always get the feeling that we have the worst metal audience in the world.

Concert in Winterthur was cool, Berlin was also cool. Was cool to see the guys again after 2 years but my main reason was Machine Head and they totally destroyed everything (like always). But now i'm looking forward to february 4th and 5th with 2 nights of CoB headlining in Switzerland :headbang:

I was eating Nutella and I got a good idea, considering the I DON'T have a ticket for the Dec 1st London UK show, because they all sold out in an hour or so.

I'll be heading down to Tottenham Court Road for the 'Smile...' cd signing and since I'll have a travelcard for the Underground, I'm going to jump on afterwards and go to Hammersmith and see if I can buy a standing ticket from one of the guys walking around outside shouting, "ANYONE NEED A TICKET, I'VE GOT TICKETS!!" or "SPARE TICKETS, I'LL BUY YOUR SPARE TICKETS!!". I don't know why I didn't think of this before but I'm going to try it.

I went to my first show (Unholy Alliance 1) and got in with a ticket I bought outside because I gave mine away to someone because I didn't think I'd be going, so I went down there hoping I'd be able to get one outside, otherwise I'd have to wait around for my friend to come out afterwards or just go home. Both of them would have sucked. Jeff Hanneman was awesome, the broken nose wasn't! :lol:

Unless anyone here has a spare...

Hello again everybody! :D

The Denmark Gig Was fucking Awsome, and they got to play one extra track (Silent night, Bodom Night) and i caught Jaska's Drum stick so it couldn't be better.
I stayed for Slipknot to and i must say that they put on a nice show! :D

Anyone have a good YouTube link for the Hate Crew Deathroll/Downfall medley? Or maybe a good audiofile?

Here you go Arcane! :D

Last edited by a moderator: