European tour with Slipknot

I don't know, that video is from Milano i Think, ? But yeah it sounds pretty weird! Didn't seem to do it in Copenhagen, that show was so Thight :D

That's what I meant, Roope tends to be quite tight and wven though he sometimes makes some changes on the songs, those changes sound cool, but this time looks like he just completey fucked it up.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Euro Tour Update From Henkka

Hi everybody!

Haven't been writing so far. So here's some short thoughts about this tour...

Two weeks already behind. We started this leg in Finland. And of course, the first shows on tours are always the most difficult. So it was a shame it happened to be our home town. Techical problems (always happens with first shows) affected our sound and lights. But we tried our best to kick ass. Tampere was also bad for us cos most of the people were still outside when we started playing.

But ever since things have gotten better, and in Oslo things were already really good. We ve played for big crowds. It is sometimes really challenging to get people excited, first band, early night, big cold hall and so on. Choosing 7 songs for setlist is also very difficult thing.

It is also very nice to be back touring in central Europe. Feels like it s been ages when were here last time. For me the best shows have been so far maybe Paris and Oslo. And of course the intense sweaty headliner in Hamburg in between. That day a friend of mine took me to th St. Pauli game. It was awesome. After the second show in Paris we saw Soilwork show next door! Its great to see Peter back in business, they were tight!

Big thing for us was to play the very first COB show in Denmark. That was exciting and crowd was treating us well there too!

In Amsterdam I went to see a national game, Holland - Sweden, at the famous Ajax stadium. It was awesome to see that legendary place. Litmanen.

We ve had good times with the other bands. Everybody's treating us well.

Tonight we have another headliner, in Saarbrucken, southwest Germany. Its been snowing here.

Henkka

My review of the Hamburg show:
http://www.festivalphoto.net/index.php?curPage=4&review=84

Nice to see Henkka mention the gig :)

Cool review Sleeper :) I missed the clashing headstocks. :( Do you work for festivalphoto.net or can anyone just submit reviews?

I didnt think the band seemed overly impressed with the audience tho,thats just the impression I got..maybe its because there were fuck all people (around me anyway) singing along, except to the 'incoming' part in IYF and those parts in the other songs,though in fairness English isn't their first language I suppose and it's hard enough to understand the vocals anyway..

People weren't moving around as much where I was either but thats probably because we were all fairly crushed together tho,still..

I was a bit disappointed with myself afterwards, I was too wrecked to move towards the end of the set what with the fighting to keep your spot and because I'd headbanged a lil too much for the Sorrow (I felt sorry for them!), and didnt give the band back the energy they deserved to get and especially since noone around me seemed to be going crazy either. They played well, Alexi looked a bit wrecked when he came back to the microphone after sprinting off backstage to get sick,he didnt let it affect the performance at all,gave loads of energy. Jaska was tight and great live as usual,consistently great drumming.. Henkka had loads of energy,played great and looked totally badass on stage as usual.. Janne played brilliantly-I didnt notice any fuck-ups anyway. I love live keyboards..even when they're not playing a song,the keys always give off a great atmosphere during the shows. Roope was tight as fuck and really good at engaging with the audience.

Great day :D especially since I was lucky enough to meet some of them a few times before the gig which really meant a lot to me..Wish they'd play CoD in full though,love that song. I've so much respect for them for never cancelling shows when they're feeling shit though,and not acting like pricks to the fans when they're feeling sick either :kickass:

Cant wait for the next headliners! :D :D COME TO IRELAND!!

I just came home. CoB played a veeery good, concentrated (but too short) gig.

Setlist:
1. Living Dead Beat
2. In Your Face
3. Blooddrunk
4. Angels Don't Kill
5. Silent Night, Bodom Night
6. Hate Crew Deathroll
7. Downfall

Machine Head sucked imo, Slipknot is not my cup of tea but they rocked live and put on a cool and entertaining show.

Yeah, especially because we didn't have to queue up for hours, we could use the side entry. And we got places in the very front area, right behind the photographers (the venue is seperated). Pretty comfortably and I'm happy that I didn't have to pay anything. :)

was there on monday in düsseldorf just because of cob (well, slipknot rocks)
cob really owned but the performance time was way too short and the sound too quiet..and most of the slipknot fans were ignorant so there was nearly no chance to start some action :err:
cannot understand that because cob was incredible good..too bad that the fans didnt honor it
keep on :headbang: