European tour with Slipknot

I still haven't decided if I'm gonna go to the Birmingham date or now. Too much money to watch a short Bodom set surrounded by 3 times more fags that you'd find at a Bodom headlining date.

from Spinefarm UK:

October 11th, 2008
Children Of Bodom confirm signing sessions in support of new single

'Smile Pretty...' will be available on a three-track CD, with the accompanying video plus Poison cover 'Talk Dirty To Me' also featured; this release (strictly limited to 1000 numbered copies) will come in a poster bag and will only be on sale at two Zavvi stores in London & Manchester, where COB are now confirmed for instore appearances.

The details of these are as follows:-

DECEMBER 1st
Zavvi, 14-16 Oxford Street, London W1D 1AR

DECEMBER 9th
Zavvi, Arndale Centre, Unit MSU1, New Cannon Street, Manchester M4 3AJ

Timings to follow shortly.

Also available at the instores will be the picture disc versions of C.O.B's debut outing, 'Something Wild', plus blood red vinyl copies of the 'Blooddrunk' album itself, both very limited in quantity; however, anyone wishing to attend the London or Manchester events will need to contact the respective Zavvi store upfront in order to collect a wristband, as numbers for the signings are restricted due to the band's early soundcheck times.

More information to follow shortly!

^
True. The one in march was ridicolous (but strangely fun at the same time o_O)
Makes me happy they're doing another signing. I cant go to any of the london slipknot shows, so news of the signing has defiantly cheered me up :D :D :D

Hopefully Slipknot doesn't end up influenceing cob to start wearing stupid masks...

omg that will never happen !1

Tch, they've been doing that for years..

lordi.jpg

Good for the UK peeps that they're doing a London signing :kickass:

Tch, they've been doing that for years..

lordi.jpg

Good for the UK peeps that they're doing a London signing :kickass:

Nope, that would be more like GWAR.(If you referred to Lordi)

It's going to be awesome to see CoB again. Last time i saw them it didn't leave such a good impression. Didn't really "get the contact" with the band but that was probably because i was eating some 13 year olds hair and trying not to fall of all the pushing.

Going to *looks for Spanish date and doesn't find* nowhere! Bye bye short set and 50€ ticket. I'll wait till the headlining tour.

According to new Soundi magazine (10/2008) Cob will do European tour with Cannibal Corpse and possibly Diablo. Alexi has requested Diablo by himself because he think it's one of the best metal bands at the moment and believes Diablo has good change for international success. Alexi: "God dammit Negative and Lovex from Tampere tour around the world but Diablo doesn't seem to get its change ever". Negotiations with Diablo are still going on.

Diablo is from Tampere, hometown of me and Joonas :D.

^Yeah, the drummer has on occasion been involved in the same drunk party with me and buddies, but I didn't get a chance for chat. What I need to say about Diablo is they definitely have the charisma in the attitude and the music to become wanted festival players. The singer (/guitarist/bassist?) looks cool on stage with the beard, so they have that too. :D I think Diablo can put up a very electric 10 song stage set.

So would Kalmah, I think.. but maybe COB are not so interested in the Children Of Bodom metal atm..

Eh? Isnt GWAR more like this?

gwar_pic.jpg

I heard GWAR went all pissed on Lordi because they thought they were ripoffs and had the vocalists mask hanging from his micstand on gigs:lol: From what i heard the idea is from GWAR...not Slipknot. Slipknot doesn't exactly wear "monster masks" either so it's a big hint isn't it?

Yes but...

Various newspapers (namely at least The Sun (UK), Daily Mail (UK) and Expressen (SE)) have today misused a Children Of Bodom photo on their articles on the Finnish Eurovision Song Contest winner Lordi. These articles claim to have an unveiled photo of the members of Lordi, a band known to perform in their unique monster outfits and have used an old Children of Bodom photo claiming it to be a photo of Lordi unmasked.