Evanescence

Esteban

Thinking is overrated
Dec 28, 2002
Costa Rica
Visit site
I was watching tv yesterday and just passing channels, and I saw this video on mtv, Going Under I think... I started to watch it because the lead singer was very cute, I just love women with long straight black hair.

Halfway through the song I started to think the music was not so bad.... I kinda liked the song at the end. There seems to be some nu-metal influences I'm not too crazy about (I happened to catch their other video later btw), but the lead singer has a beautiful voice, and the music is ok.

Any fans of this band?

Yeah, im a fan, i heard it in store whilst i was seeking Mudvayne, found it and heard about 5 tracks off their album and bought it cause i liked what i heard, if you like theese guys listen to lacuna coil, same style but heavier and slightly more abstract and Alt in their style.

Long straight black hair eh? :tickled:

I only like one song from Evanescence and that happens to be the ever-popular Bring me to Life. I find the album cover a little comical, for some reason.

Anyway, if you like Evanscence, I recommend Within Temptation and Sinergy.

I have a thing for guys with longer hair actually. Black, brown, blonde, I don't care. However, those who have hideously long hair (like Shred in DragonForce) just scare me.

Naw, just that I have got long black hair... I am way over-due for a haircut.

I wonder if the girl in Evanescence is latino...

FluffyDonkey said:
Yeah, im a fan, i heard it in store whilst i was seeking Mudvayne, found it and heard about 5 tracks off their album and bought it cause i liked what i heard, if you like theese guys listen to lacuna coil, same style but heavier and slightly more abstract and Alt in their style.
Evanescence sounds like Lacuna Coil? I dunno. I haven't heard much Evanescence, but I have all Lacuna Coil CDs, and to me it seems that Lacuna Coil don't have that commercial sound to their music that Evanescence do. On a sidenote, Christina Scabbia is hotter than the girl from Evanescence.

SilverBlade said:
I wonder if the girl in Evanescence is latino...
latino?? have you seen her cheek-bones and eye-shape? :err:

i quite like Bring me to life (if there wasn't this nu metal blabla in between :rolleyes: ) and Tourniquet sounds cool too. My Last Breath is fine too :)

she has a crystal clear voice (unlike other female singers :yuk: )
hm, maybe you can compare them with Rain Fell Within (only more "modern" in style )

Evanescence need to be shot in the face, the whole band, they sound more than similar to lacuna coil in my view - they've completely ripped them off and everyone's going crazy over them, saying they've never seen a band like this before when lc have been doing it for years. Eva.. are just in it for the money, its blatant - well blatant to me anyway

well when im talking about lacuna coil, im refering to their latest album, comalies which is what im using to compare to, and in my view evanescence have ripped that off but made it a bit more nu-metally so the radio can accept them

oh, well i dont know about evanescence ripping them off and making it horrbile nu-metal, i think its just coincidence the singer has the same kind of voice, but the music is so drowned out by her singing that you cant hear the instruments b/c of what reason? b/c theyre playing the same 2 riffs over and over so her singing hides their lack of musical...well just a lack of music really

Someone said: "it's unfair that their music is compared to a crossbreed of Linkin Park and Avril Lavigne!" in a metal review (metalreviews.com, I think) - because the writer wanted to get props for Lacuna Coil and other traditional European metal acts..

Well. He's wrong.. Except for the chick and her voice (which is actually VERY good) - the music IS Linkin Park. So what that they have solos.. Solos don't necessarily reflect the band's musicianship...

I was waiting for someone to start a thread on this topic. I, personally, think evanescence is a complete rip off of Lacuna Coil. I recently saw a magazine that had Even on the cover and another mag. with Lacuna on the inside. Put both up to do a side by side comparison and its UNCANNY!! The way she sings too is very similar to that of Christina and they even have a guitarist who looks similar to the guitarist of Lacuna.

Also, Alot of the songs of evan is pretty whinny in the "god save my soul" style. In fact, I heard on Howard Stern not to long ago, who bought the album just for the single.... poser that he is now, that Evan used to be a Christian band but decided to change gears and be a bit more abrassive to fit the scene. So to me, they are kind of hypocrits because if they truly believe in something, why be a shamed of showing it? Right? Unless they are corprate puppets like most of the artists of today.

Reactions: None_So_Vile
So, does anyone know if this Evanescense band actually had heard some Lacuna Coil before they decided to put out their very successful album?

How many producers do you think that girl fucked to get on such a big label, with so much promotion? Or did they just get lucky?