Ever call in and get caught?

Phxthrax

Phoenician STOMP MONSTER!
Jul 15, 2002
In between
Good idea for a thread brought to you by an intoxicated state of mind on a lazy Sunday afternoon:

:ill:
Ever "call in" to work (well.......call in as far as your mom, wife, whatever is concerned) and go out and screw off, doing nothing and have your work call looking for you?? Your mom, wife, whatever plays it off until WHAM BAM your ass is torn to shreds. LITERALLY!

Mine was when I was a teen and I told my mom I was going to work. I wore my work uniform, left at the usual time, told my friends not to call, I'd see them shortly after I "left for work", everything was cool. I get home 3-4 hours later and my mom asks why I'm home early. I told her they weren't busy (worked at a buffet-type restaurant) and they let a few of us leave early. She proceeds to tell me I'm so full of shit........my work called looking for me to see if I could come in cuz they were short staffed and so I got the 3rd degree like any 16 year old lying-his-ass-off-to-save-his-ass would! How about you all?

Give me some funny ass stories people!

Oddly enough, to this day I have not been caught.
But now i'll be caught since i said that. I'll prolly run into the work snitch at the movies or something...
FUCK!

I haven't, but one time this kid where I worked called in and said he was going to the hospital to see his grandfather who had had a heart attack. My manager called his home later to see if he would be coming to work the next day. His parents said he left in his uniform and his grandfather wasn't sick. He got fired.

my boss knows when im calling into work 2 take the day off cause i let him know. its good 2 have your boss married to your sister. how about excuses you heard from people calling in sick? a guy called in & said he couldnt make it in cause a bird flew thru his windshield. another 1 was a guy said he had 2 take his dog 2 the airport. but the classic call-in was a guy(who said he was a manager at his other job) called in & said he had a needle stuck in his arm??? WTF is that? that would be the last thing im telling anyone but i hate needles so i wont have 2 worry about that

yeah saturday night.

Was supposed to be working but decided to get trashed. Got a phone call from one of the boys and told him i had too much stuff to do and couldnt make it in. Needless to say i got pished and pulled ha ha. But i got a written warning the next day, but they could understand my plight and gave me a small slap on the wrists. I am regarded as one of the cant lose members of staff so i can get away with a lot ha ha.

prime666 said:
I just call in drunk... Or dead, that ones always makes em wonder.

Whenever my work tries to call me in when they're shortstaffed, I say "I'd love to come in and help but I've already started drinking"! Most of the times, it's true. And if it's not true, I crack one open before I pick up the phone.

About a year and a half ago on a friday night, I went to my brothers bar(we're both bartenders). It was like 5 minutes before the kitchen's last call and I had a little dinner, drank like a fiend. Had a few afterdinner GM's. Then me and my brother headed to another pub and started pounding them. I ran into a buddy of mine and we had our share of GM's. My brother took off but me and my bud went to a 7-11 after the bar closed where they know us and sell us beer late night. We went back to his place and drank all of that. All the beer in his fridge. Then we got desprate and drank an old bottle of port that he had. After that, and this is where it gets hazy, I went out to my car. It was Christmas time and I had bought the same buddy a bottle of Glenfiddich. We polished that off. I don't remember anything after this. Supposedly, I puked everywhere. They had me buck naked in the bathtub and had to tend to me the whole night in cased I pulled a Jimi Hendrix. I woke up the next day at 9PM. I was supposed to be at work at 5pm. I called them still drunk and said I was having a heart attack. Then I ordered a pizza and missed the deliveryman twice from having passed out or not getting to the door on time ! They guy said this is the 3rd attempt and last attempt. So I decided to wait on my front yard with cash in hand. Next thing I know, I wake up with a lukewarm pizza and my change !! Somehow, I did't get fired.

Oh, I forgot to say. My tolerance has never been the same since that 48 hour hangover. My buddy told me that I drank nearly the whole entire bottle of Glenfiddich. And this was after hours of drinking. Everytime someone at my bar orders Glenfiddich, I have to wince and turn away as I pour it. The slightest whiff nausiates me.

Being a supervisor at my job, I hear lots of stuff. However, when I call in, I keep it basic.

See, the most interesting are:

"I can't come in today because I'm in The County." When asked what the hell The County was, turned out to be jail on drug charges...He's still there I think.

"My mother died." Next week, same person "My father died." Next month, "My aunt died." I was beginning to wonder if that family had a contagious disease or something...

"I have sores in my mouth and it hurts to eat." Too much information from gammy boy.

A girl didn't call in, so after three hours we called her. "Oh, I'm doing my dishes." Yea, she was fired.

AlexStomp said:
Whenever my work tries to call me in when they're shortstaffed, I say "I'd love to come in and help but I've already started drinking"! Most of the times, it's true. And if it's not true, I crack one open before I pick up the phone.

About a year and a half ago on a friday night, I went to my brothers bar(we're both bartenders). It was like 5 minutes before the kitchen's last call and I had a little dinner, drank like a fiend. Had a few afterdinner GM's. Then me and my brother headed to another pub and started pounding them. I ran into a buddy of mine and we had our share of GM's. My brother took off but me and my bud went to a 7-11 after the bar closed where they know us and sell us beer late night. We went back to his place and drank all of that. All the beer in his fridge. Then we got desprate and drank an old bottle of port that he had. After that, and this is where it gets hazy, I went out to my car. It was Christmas time and I had bought the same buddy a bottle of Glenfiddich. We polished that off. I don't remember anything after this. Supposedly, I puked everywhere. They had me buck naked in the bathtub and had to tend to me the whole night in cased I pulled a Jimi Hendrix. I woke up the next day at 9PM. I was supposed to be at work at 5pm. I called them still drunk and said I was having a heart attack. Then I ordered a pizza and missed the deliveryman twice from having passed out or not getting to the door on time ! They guy said this is the 3rd attempt and last attempt. So I decided to wait on my front yard with cash in hand. Next thing I know, I wake up with a lukewarm pizza and my change !! Somehow, I did't get fired.

Genius you drinking prowess impresses me.

I never call in. I worked at a grocery store, Biggs for 11 years and called in twice. But I was really sick both times. My new job Jungle Jims I called in once but then again I was actually sick. I must be a stick in the mud or something...