Coolest/most memorable concert experiences?

SLAYER85

Old School Youngin
Mar 10, 2002
north carolina
Visit site
even if its not cool, if its just imprinted in your brain post it.
well actually one that wasent my own was hilarious. This little concert a local radio station has for alternative bands i go to whenever it is because i just want to get the fuck out even though i dont really like the music, but this kid was on the wall of the alternative "pit" and he pushed this dude, the dude grabs the kid from the wall and says "if you do that shit again i WILL kick your motehr fucking ass!!!!!" the kids mom runs up snatches his ass like a wet dish rag and runs off through the crowd with him, truly hilarious

Well my most memorable experience was at cannibal corpse when they were about to start the last song and corpsegrinder said, "OK THIS IS THE LAST FUCKING SONG AND I WANT TO SEE ALL YOU MOTHER FUCKERS GO CRAZY" then hammer smashed faced bursted out and the whole fucking floor was a mosh, it was like dude! everyone was going fucking crazy and slammin off eachother for the whole song, it was mother fucking awesome, and another was at slayer when a crowd surfer snuck up behind me fell off and kicked the shit out my head and i got a fucking crease in my forehead from it!

I suck at telling stories but hands down the coolest concert experience was at An Evening With Metallica show during the Black album tour.
My cousin is a Karate instuctor and me and one of my best friends (who has MS and is in a wheelchair) used to go hang out at his business and watch him do his thing after school. We never took lessons but just liked to watch. It turns out that his wife worked with Jason Newsteds dad and was good friends with him. When he told us that we asked if he could have her get us backstage and he just kind of laughed and said he'd see what she could do.
The night of the concert we were in our nosebleed seats very early waiting for the show to start and some woman came up to us and asked my friend if his name was Chris, he said yes and she asked how many people we had with us. We told her 5 and she said she'd be right back. About 10 minutes later she came back with 5 guest passes! The woman was Newsteds sister and my cousin actually came through for us! She told us to go on back and they hooked us up with seats right in the middle of the stage (in the pit thing they had going back then.) After the show we hung out backstage for like 2 hours and even ate cake and icecream with the guys for Kirks birthday! We werent prepared for this so we didn't have anything for them to sign and they hooked us up with signed pics and shirts and shit. I had them all sign my hunting licence and James thought that was so cool and even talked hunting with me for a few minutes. We were to say the least on cloud 9 and they guys were sooooo cool to us. I remember there being swarms of people around James, Lars, and Kirk but it was like nobody even knew who Jason was. We all just sat and talked to him most of the time. He was one of the nicest most down to earth person I've ever met.
After it was over my friends dad was waiting to pick us up and about killed us all right there for being so late. My friend got grounded for a month but he never complained a bit. The shitty thing is my cousin and his wife got divorced a couple of years later so we lost our hook up :mad:

I have a couple. Back when I was in highschool I was in a car accident and was actually run over by a car and came out of it with just a dislocated hip. needless to say I was off that leg for quite awhile. Max had recently started up Soulfly and they were on tour and we went to see them at a badass venue called The Abyss (which is closed damnit!) that place was agreat venue. It was big enough for metal shows and it was open floor. And the band members are usually comfortable enough there to hang out in the crowd. But I went to that show in a wheel chair. And everyone was so cool to me. they were careful around me and one guy offered to wheel me around in the pit. I declined. But this one guy kept buying me beer. I had like 10 and they were all on him. so I got realy fucking drunk on top of my pain killers. And they played mostly Sepultura songs. It was a badass night.

But truly an even better show was Armored Saint. It was in an even smaller venue and I was right up front the whole time. John Grabbed my hair when I was head banging and tapped me in the chest. he was going around doing that to all the people who were thrashing. and it was probably the best show I ever went to. John and the guys were so badass.
-Jono-

As long as you're not the guy who did 604... :D

I'd say Anthrax/Deftones/Life of Agony would be my best concert just because nothing terrible happened to me or who I went with-no lightning strikes, no broken legs, sprained wrists, fire-extinguisher-assaulted lungs, no one bitching at me for not meeting them at exactly 9 o'clock like they're my damn mother or something, etc. I went with my neighbor, who was a bit of a dumbass, but he knew his Anthrax and also how to get there so... Another weird thing about that show is I got married exactly four years to the day later...