Hatebreed/Biohazard...most excellent

Soilent Goat said:
Yeah, fuckhead, they are. They've been around longer than you've known how to jerk that little thing that you call a penis off..some of the founders of hardcore music..played more shows, made more albums, and meant something to more people than will ever care about your pathetic existence that you call life...go blast your Iced Earth and bang your head!!!
lol pathetic human.Do you call hardcore Extreme music?Go back to your Hatebreed and nu metal please fucking loser.I say slipknot is the most Extreme band in metal today ! yes!!

i dont get into the whole "dude this is way harder than that" shit, i think its pointless, this is why. Its pointless because i listen to cannibal corpse and i listen to U2, i love both bands but they just aren't comparable they both just do something to his my senses.

Well, Hatebreed is pretty big now and they're signed on to Universal so a lot of hardcore people turned their backs on them. Some people say they're nu-metal I guess cause they sound pretty simple and they have some trendy nu-metal fans. But... they're NOT nu-metal. They're just a tough guy hardcore group. I like some of their songs like I Will Be Heard a whole lot but they do get pretty boring. Heh, I know plenty of hardcore groups that aren't big by the way and I prefer listening to heavy metal.

I'm sick and tired of people slagging bands for their "trendy" fans. Look, those nu-metal kids piss me off too but what really matters is if you like the bands' music or not regardless of their fans. Oooh I'm going to stop listening to this band cause I dont want to be grouped together with these trendy fans.. WHO GIVES A SHIT.

What's the problem with all of you and Biohazard anyway? Sometimes their rapcore songs annoy me I admit but they do still make some good heavy metal/hardcore songs. Their new album, Never Forgive Never Forget, is just straight brutal metalcore with none of the rap. Any of you heard it?

Good for hatebreed getting popular. I mean I remeber them doing shows all over CT and always putting on shows etc... The one thing that pisses me off about hatebreed is the amount of tough guy assholes they attract that think the point of hardcore is to start fights. these assholes have gotten so many places shutdown and basically killed our scene. so fuck hatebreed for that

Soilent Goat said:
First of all, learn some fucking grammar. Secondly, there's nothing about slipknot that I enjoy. I will take up for hatebreed because they are in no way nu-metal. Period. And how in the fuck is hardcore not extreme music? Has your little faggot ass ever been to a hardcore show? Obviously not because it's one of the most extreme and violent things you will ever witness. (for those who are wondering, I do not encourage violence, I was just giving an example.) You aren't making an argument to prove hardcore isn't extreme..go for it fuckwit if you think you've got proof.

Well you truly are pathetic even if my grammar is not the best.
"Obviously not because it's one of the most extreme and violent things you will ever witness"
So just cause the show is violent the music is extreme?`
Did you know some beatles shows where very violent?

Hatebreed are definitely hardcore and not nu metal. Just because they are more popular than most other hardcore bands doesn't make them nu metal. Why don't people say that other hardcore bands that are popular, like Poison The Well (god I hate them) are nu metal? I love hatebreed. Even though their music is quite simple and straightforward, it is catchy and well written. It is also very heavy, angry, and aggressive, which I love.

Divine_intent said:
Well you truly are pathetic even if my grammar is not the best.
"Obviously not because it's one of the most extreme and violent things you will ever witness"
So just cause the show is violent the music is extreme?`
Did you know some beatles shows where very violent?

Hey, and in their time the beatles did push the limits to the extreme...people tramped their records, boycotted them, protested in the name of God against them..they were extreme..compared to today's standards I suppose it's arguable..but back then..very much so.

Hardcore has its place but the messages from the songs are so played out. Every time i've seen a hardcore band the lead singer spouts some stuff about "this is for standing up for what you believe in!" like he's being opressed or something.

I just don't dig the whole straight edge tough guy crowd or the mallcore wannabe kids, its too fashion orientated now. The scene has become who can wear the most hardcore gear (omg studded belt 4 life) and not about the music.

There also isn't much innovation going on either, nearly every song is the same basic format with the same themes. The genre is beginning to stagnate and thats not cool :{

Connauch said:
Hardcore has its place but the messages from the songs are so played out. Every time i've seen a hardcore band the lead singer spouts some stuff about "this is for standing up for what you believe in!" like he's being opressed or something.

I just don't dig the whole straight edge tough guy crowd or the mallcore wannabe kids, its too fashion orientated now. The scene has become who can wear the most hardcore gear (omg studded belt 4 life) and not about the music.

There also isn't much innovation going on either, nearly every song is the same basic format with the same themes. The genre is beginning to stagnate and thats not cool :{
I hate the straightedge scene as well. That doesn't really apply to Hatebreed though, as Hatebreed are not a straightedge band. I really dislike those punks that draw Xs on their hands when they go to shows and stare down people that are smoking a cigarette or drinking a beer. They think that they're tough, but most of them are scrawny pussies that probably don't know how to fight. As for the music itsself, yeah it can get old kind of quickly. It's simple, and straightforward with little variation. I'm not nearly as into hardcore as I used to be, but I still like bands like Hatebreed, Shai Hulud, Candiria, old VOD, and Diecast.

Candiria is great no doubt. They're an experimental band mixing Blues, Funk, Heavy Metal and Hardcore to their sound. Mind warping good shit.

I like the following hardcore/metalcore groups:

All That Remains
Biohazard
Candiria
Cro-Mags
Lamb Of God
Madball

Connauch said:

Totally agreed, i saw all that straight edge bull shit at the show and its a goddamn joke. But there were some metalheads there who looked like me w/ t-shirt and shorts, we had the same idea we like the music and we dont get into the straight edge "im here to look like im on a boardwalk then kick your ass when i windmill your ass in the pit" horse shit. i think its fucking dumb, but hatebreed/biohazard kick enough ass i decided to endure the straight edge shit. id like to see some of those straight edge kids try to dance w/ me something tells me id tear their goddamn faces off.

Connauch said:

I disagree with you completely..with bands like 18 Visions, Nora, Shai Hulud, Poison The Well, Dead To Fall, Between The Buried and Me, Blood Has Been Shed...hardcore is only evolving..not stagnating at all..

well speaking of hardcore I saw with honor tonight and they were amazing, show was so positive, kids were singing along, dancing, pileon's etc.... it was a fun positive night no fights no bullshit. Reminded me of why I haven't totally given up on the scene yet.

I was at the same Biohazard concert as Murai, that crazy mofo kicks as much ass as the big boys.

Missed E.C.T. got there late. Sworn Enemy kicks ass, Most Precious Blood is the worst band I've heard since American Shame. Biohazard were great too. They got the fans going crazy. Included fans in the songs, on the stage and even played their freakin guitars on their fans shoulders.

I'm not even really into the hardcore scene at all. and Sworn Enemy and Biohazard kicked my ass.

hatebreed: for some reason or another, i can't stand this band. at one point in time, i did listen to them for a bit, but man, have they gotten so stupid. i mean, hatebreed is one of those bands that are as about 2 faced as they can get. don't believe me, if anybody remembers the whole incident with anal cunt, then you know what i am talking about. a while ago, hatebreed (the entire band) and most of their tech/roadie guys ended up ganging up one (that's right, "1") member of anal cunt b/c he stood up to the vocalist of hatebreed when the vocalist talked shit on stage about anal cunt. now that's what i call honor and pride in a person (sarcasm off).

biohazard: for some reason or another, i can't stand this band one bit mainly due to the fact that they associate themselves with rap artists heavily, and on top of it, try to pass themselves off as a metal band when the sad fact of the reality is that they are a rapcore band. end of story.