Hatebreed/Biohazard...most excellent

SLAYER85

Old School Youngin
Mar 10, 2002
north carolina
Visit site
the 3 bands before, full blown chaos/agnostic front/throwdown i didnt like. wasent really into goign to this show becasue of the stupid ass hardcore kids who jump in the pit and throw blows and kicks. malicious people that go to fuck up other people, yeah not my party. i still went cause i llove hatebreed and biohazard. Biohazard comes on plays punishment/lots of new shit and tahts all i remember. flattop was jumpin in the crowd playing guitar, fucking killer. when hatebreed came on, they were the ones that had total control over the crowd. i was down there and jamey said "OK ON 3 I WANT THIS MOTHER FUCKER JUMPING! 1......2........3!!!!!!" and man the whole goddamn club was rumbling like a mother fucker. they played a huge set, i cant think of anything i watned to hear i didnt, they even played shit off their new cd! it ruled. i met the band after the show talked to them, they were all so cool. sean from hatebreed was fucking killer, he was just telling me like how he knows what its like to go to shows and want to talkt o bands cause he used to be a kid at shows too, im like dude.....rock on my man. oh yeah, they played the begining of raining blood at the show, yeah, when that happend time = hardcore kid pitter death. jamey from hatebreed was awesome, it took him a while to come out, which i defintly didnt care about waiting, he appologised that it took him so long, i was like dude just the fact that you would appologise about taking a little extra longer to get out, is fucking awesome and down to earth. he was excellent, matt was killer to. matt was just saying the same thing sean was, that he knew what it was like to be a kid. and flattop from biohazard was killer! he was such a down to earth dude. we were talking to got his sig and im like dude i know your a busy man i wont play groupy dude and hang all over you, later. he said dude, i got all the time in the world, im about to go sit on a bus for 7 hours, anything for our fans, thats why we are here. i told all of hatebreed, as long as they keep making badass records and stay true and emotional about their music i will have no problem buying their material and paying their meal tickets. one of my favorite shows ever!

this and slayer and black flag (2 days ago) were my best shows ever, thanks a lot hatebreed, you dudes are the fucking best ill always go see you dudes.

Hey man. I seen Biohazard with guests E.Town Concrete, Sworn Enemy, and Most Precious Blood like around 10 weeks ago with a friend and man it was wicked. I've listened to some ETC before and they have a pretty interesting sound. They opened up the show and they did a good job by putting passion into their songs but unfortunately a few people were into them. Their vocalist can do some gutteral vocals. Sworn Enemy went up next and the whole crowd went berserk. These kids were pit dancing (throwing punches and kicks) I thought it looked pretty stupid but... I just headbanged and jumped around a lot. It took Biohazard so goddamn long to go on stage and play but it was awesome man. They did half of the songs from thier new album and they finished off with their ealier songs like Punishment and Urban Discipline. I was the smallest man in the pit getting ass kicked. Oh yeah, I was allowed up on stage with Biohazard on the last set. My heroes were right there in front of me. It turned out to be one memorable concert man. I wonder when Sepultura are coming over to Toronto :)

Is Hatebreed still a hardcore band or what? I might sound like a total scenester here but I think hatebreed has gotten to big for hardcore.

Soilent Goat said:
Hatebreed and Biohazard are not nu-metal you fuckshot...

fuckshot.... thats a good one. they might not be nu metal, but the nu metal kids love the hatebreed, I always see the kids with the big pants wearing the korn hats and hatebreed shirts.

I used to love the hatebreed....Under the knife is still the shit, Hell I even have a jasta 14 7 inch hanging around somewhere.

I cant stand the cheesy lyrics and the whole fucking cheesy hardcore pride thing they have, all that love, honour shit. Its even gayer than manowar. We have this massive group of wannabe hardcore people that hang around at the skatepark in town, the only hardcore they know is all the famous stuff like hatebreed, sick of it all, blood for blood, biohazard, agonostic front etc... The toughguy image is gay

ok come on, Biohazard are not that bad at all. Sure, they'll never be the band they once were, but few bands can claim to have surpassed the sheer passion of Urban Discipline. If you're not a fan of that album, you pretty much don't know you're hardcore/metalcore.

Dreamlord said:
ok come on, Biohazard are not that bad at all. Sure, they'll never be the band they once were, but few bands can claim to have surpassed the sheer passion of Urban Discipline. If you're not a fan of that album, you pretty much don't know you're hardcore/metalcore.

Couldn't agree with you more..

I say listen to what you like, whether some fag thinks it's nu metal or not. I think Hatebreed slays, and Biohazard I don't like at all but there are much worse bands out there. I will admit, I know nothing about the hardcore scene, though. There are some bands I like that some people think are nu metal and I don't give a shit: Static-X, Chimaira, and Lacuna Coil.

Actually, even Evergreen Terrace's latest slab of unoriginal metalcore was far better than anything Shai Hulud have done. Underoath's last album is probably the best thing to come out of the hardcore scene since .hopesfall.'s ep from 2002 or whenever.

Soilent Goat said:
Gayer than manowar? Bullshit. What's wrong with having pride in yourself? What's wrong with having enough balls to face dishonor? You may find hardcore lyrics cheesy but to a huge following of others they mean a great deal. There's nothing wrong with straight edge lyrics..it isn't easy moving to a complete straight edge status after years of smoking, drinking, premarital sex, and drugs..try it sometime.. Secondly since when is sick of it all, blood for blood, and agnostic front been famous? Can't agree with you on that one...Sick of it All is one of the most important bands in extreme music history..period..their name may be on the top of the list as far as hardcore goes..but FAMOUS?! Nuh uh...
Sick of it All is one of the most important bands in extreme music history?
HAH.

divine aint got nothing but shit to talk, sad dude, if you dont like it then dont, but dont goddamn rag other peoples shit. i love goddamn biohazard/hatebreed but im a metal head at heart and i live by bands like slayer/sepultura/emperor/cannibalcorpse/anthrax/dark funeral/ everykind of metal im mostly into.

None_So_Vile said:
i didnt mean famous as in famous enough to be mainstream, i mean famous within the scene, bigoted fuckwit

Oh and for the record I'm about the farthest thing away from a bigot there is...so don't fling that kind of bullshit my way. Thanks.