Ever listened to Opeth in the Woods?

Yes I did that all the time when I lived in Santa Cruz. Poganip and most of the Campus inner trails are great late at night. Alas, I am no longer near those wonderful trees.

listening to opeth in the winter time or when its raining rules me, just becaue i dont live anywhere near the damned woods.

This one time, I was listening to Slayer while murdering a preacher. It was the perfect music for the current situation.

Especially Orchid comes to life so vividly outside. The feeling of walking in the dark on a cold clear night, silence around, the vastness of space above you with all the stars shining down on you, with "The Twilight is my Robe" playing, is simply amazing. Makes me feel so very very happy to be alive. It's like love somehow (kinda wicked perhaps :p )...

I have plenty of access to woods but I was almost shot last year becuase all the woods here (TEXAS) are owned by some damn honkey. However, there are miles and miles of backroads and I know them all. So I like to drive with my stereo smoking as well as other things (heh heh) around 4:30 in the morning until the I get to work two hours later. I have the songs timed out perfectly so when the road stretches where I can speed the songs gets harder and faster and vice versa. I have most of my albums timed in this manner and suggest if you have the time and patience you should do the same. By the way if anyone out there lives near Fiesta Texas (San Antonio) I have a really great trick you can do with some songs when riding some of coasters.

one time i listened to opeth while i was sky diving. i was 4500 feet in the air then my cd player fell out. Yet luckly the guy who jumped out before me caught it and then when i got on the ground, he gave me the cd player back. He was a tall man with a beard and long brown hair. but then i noticed something; the opeth cd wasnt in the cd player. so i tried to tracked the little fucker down but i couldnt find his house. so i went back to the sky diving place to look for the records of him coming in, but they were erased..... thats right, ERASED. and then when i asked about him to the other people, they said they never heard of or saw a tall guy with a beard and long brown hair. but they did tell me a story of a man who went sky diving with his family in 1987, but the plane never came back; and every so often, some skydivers say the exact same thing happened. They went out sky diving with an opeth cd, dropped it, and a tall man with brown hair and a beard caught it and gave it back to them, WITHOUT the opeth cd. they also said every so often you can hear the words "eerie circles upon the mushrooms" echoing from the sky diving place..... and this IS a true story.

Reactions: CONCLAVE OBSCURUM
Apocalyptic said:
one time i listened to opeth while i was sky diving. i was 4500 feet in the air then my cd player fell out. Yet luckly the guy who jumped out before me caught it and then when i got on the ground, he gave me the cd player back. He was a tall man with a beard and long brown hair. but then i noticed something; the opeth cd wasnt in the cd player. so i tried to tracked the little fucker down but i couldnt find his house. so i went back to the sky diving place to look for the records of him coming in, but they were erased..... thats right, ERASED. and then when i asked about him to the other people, they said they never heard of or saw a tall guy with a beard and long brown hair. but they did tell me a story of a man who went sky diving with his family in 1987, but the plane never came back; and every so often, some skydivers say the exact same thing happened. They went out sky diving with an opeth cd, dropped it, and a tall man with brown hair and a beard caught it and gave it back to them, WITHOUT the opeth cd. they also said every so often you can hear the words "eerie circles upon the mushrooms" echoing from the sky diving place..... and this IS a true story.
Damn the same thing happend to me!!! but i wasn't skydiving... i was taking a dump.... and it wasn't my cdplayer what i droped... it was SOMETHING ELSE,,,,,

Misty sunrises and foggy forests are awesome but I'd rather listen to Opeth before and then go walk with the song/words still in my head, so I can fully taste nature.

Eno_Mun said:
Yes. Absolutely.
There is this mountain pass that I often drive that lies between my town and the California coast.
The road itself in a very woodsy area that often has heavy fog.
Fog + trees + majestic mountains + opeth/agalloch = ejaculation.

I was going to agree. Agalloch while sitting outside a wooded cabin during winter time sounds so awesome!!