Evergrey cover songs

Kuksug!

Apr 5, 2006
Just looked thru some Evergrey covers on youtube, and i think i laughed so hard that i got a six pack... Some bands actually did an ok job, but for most of the covers i did not know whether to laugh or cry... Worst was something called jellosea or something... They managed to demolish solitude within in ways i never thought was possible... so,check it out if you want a nice six pack for the beach season :lol:

Actually many good musicians in the covers, but on the vocals it totally fell apart...

That's the biggest problem I have with covers... I identify so closely with the vocal - the phrasing, pitch, timbre and emotion in the voice - that it is really hard to hear cover versions of songs and enjoy them. There are a few exceptions of course, but I think I'll pass and skip the torture of listening to a band butcher Evergrey. Now, if you find one that is really good I wouldn't mind hearing that, Kuksug! (...and I really feel bad calling you that even know I know you chose it as your forum name. LOL! That part still cracks me up in the DVD to this day.)

Lol, it could have been Kukfitta! as well :D haha... yeah,ill tell you if i find one :Smokedev:

I think it's impossible to make a good Evergrey cover. The instruments may be right, but the vocals would butcher the original for sure. Tom has too unique of a voice, that I just don't think it can be covered right.