Evergrey appeared snobby on Headbanger's ball...perception or reality?

MagnaV65

New Metal Member
Oct 5, 2005
I watch the three part series of Evergrey being on Headbanger's ball. And I have a question: Was it just me or did Tom & Henrick come off as complete jerks? In a time when Heavy Metal isn't as big in the USA as it used to be, I would think Evergrey would be more grateful for the media coverage. Instead, it looked as if MTV forced them to be there.

NOTE: I will admit that the guy interviewing them had the personality of a corpse. Maybe that caused Tom & Henrick to close up.

Anyway...was just curious what you all thought. :saint:

MagnaV65 said:
I watch the three part series of Evergrey being on Headbanger's ball. And I have a question: Was it just me or did Tom & Henrick come off as complete jerks? In a time when Heavy Metal isn't as big in the USA as it used to be, I would think Evergrey would be more grateful for the media coverage. Instead, it looked as if MTV forced them to be there.

NOTE: I will admit that the guy interviewing them had the personality of a corpse. Maybe that caused Tom & Henrick to close up.

Must be just your own opinion. IMOP, Look who they had to interview with!! Jamey Jasta is just full of the most idiotic questions! And my gosh, please someone tell the guy to wear a different pair of shorts for a change!!!

I think the guys handled themselves wonderfully for having to deal with Jasta!

MagnaV65 said:

i olso watched it few times & you are right about that guy.
the interviewer was realy annoying & was "marketing" the band as it is just another one out of a million bands on the mtv factory line.....
they looked insecure & out of place.
maybee because of mentality diferrences ?

if you watch the dvd documantery interview with the band you will see what a great difference makes a good interviewer !!!!

cheers
ikoz.

I spoke with Michael when they last came around in 2004 and he was overwhelmingly humble. If this is the same Headbanger's Ball from around that time, I didn't think they were being very snobby, but then again the host is Jamey Jasta. Nothing against him, but it's true his goal is to market his guests and hype their "product," instead of speak to them as true musicians in the metal universe. A band like Evergrey does not have a product to be sold, but true art to be fully experienced.