Headbanger's Ball is Back!!

ROTF! ok thankyou ..yes he could use switching to Soy, but personally its the mullet that really attracts me in his younger pic..drools! LOL just kidding..I'm mean, but he is still a good guitarist so who am I to complain..

Yngvai X said:
oh great...now MTV is going to desecrate the only good metal program they ever had with shitty nu metal bands.

LOL!!!!

Sorry to say but you're right, they'll play all this nu metal & rap metal shit that really is NOT metal.

HBB should be the way it was in the old days, with the addition of some Prog/Power bands, SyX included of course

i agree with whoever said keep it small. Symphony X is my band and i don't want to see every other person at school wearing a symphony x shirt unless they heard about it from a source other than one which force-feeds "cool"

theodyssey said:
i agree with whoever said keep it small. Symphony X is my band and i don't want to see every other person at school wearing a symphony x shirt unless they heard about it from a source other than one which force-feeds "cool"

Man, this sounds so fuckin' elitist it's not even funny (no offense intended).

I must say I get very excited to come across another Symphony X fan..though I did one time, and SymX fan or not I still thought he was a jerk..lol. But yeah I get all gooey and gushy over meeting fellow SymXers. So to see someone wearing a T-Shirt of theirs in the street would be a blast.

for all those who are remotely interested in this program.. here's the crap you can expect to hear on there:

MTV2 Programming Executive Alex Coletti recently spoke to Fox News about the resurgence of heavy metal and the music network's decision to bring back the 1987-1995 program "Headbanger's Ball" starting Saturday, May 10.

"People were always asking me to bring back the Ball," said Coletti. "And there's so much good new metal coming out. Kids needed a place they can count on [to see and hear it]."

"We're not going to play hair bands circa 1989 for two hours," Coletti said of the resurrected show's intended format. "We'll always throw back to the older videos — those classics that inspired the new bands — but you'll be more likely to see STAIND, KORN and THE DATSUNS."

As previously reported, the premiere edition of the "new" "Headbanger's Ball" will feature METALLICA as hosts, to be followed by three-show hosting stint by Rob Zombie. "Headbanger's Ball" will air on Saturday, May 10 at 10:00 p.m. on MTV2.

What a pile of shit!
pukeface.gif

Snowmaker said:
But what if it is played?

Nirvana wasn't really metal at the time, but Headbanger's Ball still played it.

Would you really want them to start playing Prog anyways. If they did, people would probably start saying shit like; Symphony X has sold out!".

What are you talking about?!
Symphony X already sold out. I mean, just listen to Inferno. The groovy guitars, the screaming in the background. Symphony X now nu-metal.

:D

headbangers ball. yeah, gotta wait my full hour to get my eyes on a emperor, kreator, dimmu borgir, arch enemy, etc. video while all these jewcore bands appear before me all the while blinding and aching my ears.

look, heres a suggestion for all that are concerned, if you want to watch videos, buy them (bootleg, label released, etc.), and you can watch them at your most leisurable time, all in the while doing the worst thing you can do to Crapola TV (Mtv, and anybody else for that matter), which is to ignore them.

one thing i can't seem to understand is why so many people keep their hopes up about Mtv going back to time when they were at least a decent tv channel, and on top of it, are giving in to such ridiculous hopes? if i was the metal communtiy (which i am not for those who need a reality check), i wouldn't hold my breath and just do what i know is best for myself and just buy the videos and watch them at your discretion, hopefully, as time passes by, your video library will be as big as you cd library, and you won't have to whore yourself to Mtv like so many do in this day and age of material worth.

About the thing of Symphony X staying "not so popular" thing.

I think it would be great if SX became more popular. Why?

First, they would headline and we wouldn't have to complain because they only got 45 minutes and Stratovarius 2 hours.

Two, first someone says prog should be more appreciated, then that it's better as underground for people who know what music is about. Contradiction?

Three, I think Russell and co. would appreciate a thicker wallet for their efforts. I would also if I were them. That would mean better equipment and more tours.

Now, I don't want them to become mainstream, i.e. screaming girls, just that they got more exposure so that people who would like the music can get a chance to hear it. I still haven't met a single person to whom I have played SX and who disliked it, musicians and non-musicians, metal-heads or jazz-players alike. Everyone says "they sound great, they play great, the music is different (coming from people who have only heard pop-music all their life).

I think there is a great interest in good music, people just don't know it exists.

Well put.

When people say "I like prog in the underground so it doesn't wash up", That's bullshit.