Evergrey Lyrics (writing process/ subjects)

.. just wondering if Evergrey is writing their Lyrics first in swedish or english...my guess ~ in english... but I might be wrong.
What other themes for Lyrics would be interesting to you
(Gene research, Ghosts....reincarnation, secret scientific research, manhunting, secret societies etc.) ?
;)

I was wondering the same thing. I have a few bands that are german and the english version of the songs don't translate very well. and the singer had a very strong accent. Which is fine I just couldnt understand what he was saying. Bands like kamelot and Dream Evil are other bands that sing in english very well. Better than most of the ass holes in the states!!

AxemanAK said:
I was wondering the same thing. I have a few bands that are german and the english version of the songs don't translate very well. and the singer had a very strong accent. Which is fine I just couldnt understand what he was saying. Bands like kamelot and Dream Evil are other bands that sing in english very well. Better than most of the ass holes in the states!!

... I personally would write in the language I want to perform in...translating a song can be a hassle plus you got to be carefull not to loose the original message in the translation process.... wonder if they perform some of the songs in swedish... would love to hear that... :D

Danny7468 said:
... I personally would write in the language I want to perform in...translating a song can be a hassle plus you got to be carefull not to loose the original message in the translation process.... wonder if they perform some of the songs in swedish... would love to hear that... :D
Tom speaks English very, very well, and the structures of the lyrics are clear and flow well enough to lead me to believe he sings in English.

sknight said:
Tom speaks English very, very well, and the structures of the lyrics are clear and flow well enough to lead me to believe he sings in English.

Hey Sknight,
Tom actually answered the question in the chat...the story comes to him in swedish but he writes down the lyrics straight in english...

Danny ;)

AxemanAK said:

One reason that Kamelot sing quite well in English could be that they actually come from the States... :D Or am I wrong?

I think evergrey kick so much ass (exspecialy Recreation Day) and thomas englund has a good voice, but the vocal topic and lyrics do suck. their different and that's cool, so i'm not really saying anything bad about it, so i dont know. i just threw my 2 cents in.

evergrey has killer solos :headbang:

Danny7468 said:
By the way saw Kamelot live a couple days ago .... really great show...love the new Album "The Black Halo" eventhough I personally think that it is more commercial than the others...

I'm still hoping for a Scandinavian tour. Saw them on the Epica tour in Japan and they put on a great show then as well. I wouldn't say that the new album is more commercial though. A bit slower perhaps but for me this album was harder to get into than their previous efforts. Still a great album and along with the new Paradise Lost my favourite so far this year.

DeFy said:
... but the vocal topic and lyrics do suck. their different and that's cool, so i'm not really saying anything bad about it,

So saying that the lyrics suck doesn't mean that you are saying something bad? That's news for me.