EVH 5150iii test drive!

TBH I found the Maxon not to work so great with every amp, though it was the 820 we used. It mostly seemed to like the 6505, whereas with Recto and some other amps the Ibanez TS-808 re-issue just worked out a lot better for some reason.

That's why my custom TS has lowered gain, so it can function basically as a band-pass filter if I turn the gain totally counter-clockwise.

Anyway the 5150 3 seems to have a total shitload of gain, so that could be playing with it. Maybe extra gain stages, so the TS becomes less necessary?

lol, sounds ass kicking!!!
could you upload DI files and I reamp them with my SLO100 to compare tones :eek:

if you got the DI of course!!

The 5150 III is so fucking awesome, still hating myself because I didn't buy it when I had the opportunity to choose between the 6505+ and the 5150 III for the same price. But at that time there were NO reviews or even tests from guitar magazines.. and it was my first expensive amp so I didn't know whether to trust my ears. I should have bought it, god damn. Clean channel is amazing, too.

yeah, i love it!

ola, is it the roadster "close back" or "open back" cab?

lol, sounds ass kicking!!!
could you upload DI files and I reamp them with my SLO100 to compare tones :eek:

if you got the DI of course!!

Dude I record this straight through to Logic and in the same time recording a video. So no I got no DI.

yeah, i love it!

ola, is it the roadster "close back" or "open back" cab?

Closed!

Great tone Goddamn Guitar!
Inspired me to fire up my EUR 277 Bugera 6260 to see where I end up with. Here's something like $1500 cheaper ;-):
http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=id&value=7824

Les Paul Standard (stock PUs) -> Bugera 6260 -> Mesa 4x12 (Black Shadows) -> SM57 -> Pro Tools -> A little Waves SSL E-Channel on the guitar
and with a slighly different mic position:
http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=id&value=7836
Les Paul Standard (stock PUs) -> Bugera 6260 -> Mesa 4x12 (Black Shadows) -> SM57 -> Pro Tools -> A little Digirack EQIII on the guitar

EDIT: Updated another clip